Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i don't know my restrictions passcode. i don't remember ever making it. i know my passcode to unlock phone.

whats the solution for finding restriction passcode on my iPhone 4s with IOS 7 update?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), apple app store

Posted on Aug 24, 2014 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2017 1:50 AM

I have never entered the restrictions code, today I have thought to restrict my phone from children as I can see restriction on and asking the password I have entered my phone unlock but didn't work and message is one failed attempt. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me setting up my restrictions code or how to change etc. Thank you in advance

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2017 1:50 AM in response to KAT_PL

I have never entered the restrictions code, today I have thought to restrict my phone from children as I can see restriction on and asking the password I have entered my phone unlock but didn't work and message is one failed attempt. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me setting up my restrictions code or how to change etc. Thank you in advance

Jan 14, 2016 10:44 PM in response to erinfromla

I Had the same problem with my iPad. The Restrictions was "On" , while I don't remember when and how I had activated it! But for sure I myself had enabled it by mistake because I am the only person who works with this device!

I tried some codes, three times, but it said that the restrictions passcodes were not correct. Three failed attempts 😐

AS I always write down all my passwords and IDs in a small notebook, I checked it to find a four digit number. In the Apple page, there was nothing except my "ICloud Security Code" Which was the only four digit code there. And that was it! I entered my iCloud security code and it worked and opened a menu and I disabled this Restrictions and I will never enable it!

Hope it works for all and sorry for my broken English 🙂

Jan 14, 2016 11:20 PM in response to Esthermyth

PS: The "Restrictions" is not only for parrents who want to control their children but also for your own security when you buy apps and inapps from App Store or iTunes,

DO NOT FORGET: after disabling the Restrictions go to General - iTunes & App Stores - Password Setting, and turn on "Require Password" and "Always Require", otherwise after each purchase, they can charge your bank account many times without your permission!

Jan 15, 2016 7:42 PM in response to Briansyddall

Hi Brian,

The "Restrictions Passcode" is not your "unlock code" or "iCloud security code".

You have entered a four digit code and activated it/by mistake. I had entered my iCloud security code. But most people enter their unlock codes because it's a four digit code, looking like the unlock code and they have no idea what it is! Hope you have not entered a random number! 😐

GIve a try to your old unlock codes or your iCloud security code.

i don't know my restrictions passcode. i don't remember ever making it. i know my passcode to unlock phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.