Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the name of my iPad in iTunes??

Hey guys,

So recently I really really wanted to change my iPad name, and I did on my iPad settings. HOWEVER, when I checked my managed devices in iTunes on my Mac, it was still the previous name, and I am kinda confused.

P.S. i took a screenshot in my "managed device" page in iTunes, and basically i wanna change the thing inside the parentheses

User uploaded file

Thanks 🙂

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Aug 24, 2014 11:58 AM

4 replies

Feb 17, 2015 11:48 PM in response to Streusalz

I have this exact same issue with my iPhone. iTunes still lists my current iPhone 6 as "My iPhone 5," even though I removed my old iPhone 5 from my Support Profile last September. In iTunes, I've removed "My iPhone 5" from my sync list, and then re-authorized my current iPhone 6 from the phone to receive automatic music downloads, but then it still shows up as "My iPhone 5" in iTunes. Really bizarre. Not a huge issue as far as I can tell, but annoying. Everywhere else, such as iCloud and of course on my phone itself, it shows up correctly, but there seems to be a glitch unique to iTunes.

How do I change the name of my iPad in iTunes??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.