Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Genio appears from nowhere whenever I launch Safari. How do I uninstall. I can't find an uninstall application.

Genio appears from nowhere whenever I launch Safari. How do I uninstall. I can't find an uninstall application. I have manually deleted Genio from Applications, Application Support and Preferences. How do I get it out of my computer?

Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 24, 2014 1:25 PM

1 reply

Aug 24, 2014 6:22 PM in response to trilady2

See this link for removal: http://www.thesafemac.com/art/

When installing apps you get from places like CNET & Softronics they wrap the installer with their adware. You have to manually uncheck NOT to install. I've seen the Genieo as "Install Genieo with a checkbox" in a very small font. See example here:

Beware of adware included in installers

(Fair disclosure: Needhelp4Mac is my site. I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.)

OS X 10.9.3 added Genieo to list of incompatible software. If possible I would upgrade to Mavericks.

Genio appears from nowhere whenever I launch Safari. How do I uninstall. I can't find an uninstall application.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.