Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDS slot extension anyone?

Hi

I've bought a PDS card for my SE/30 but it doesn't fit properly... The card works perfectly, I tested it while having the logic board out.

Problem is that it won't fit because the chassis catches on the card. I found a way of installing it but sadly the 120-pin connector on the logic board can't be plugged into the one on the card (quite far away).

I was wandering if it was possible to obtain (or build if it doesn't exist) a PDS extension cable.

I am currently working on a frame that would hold the card in place.

Thanks

Posted on Aug 24, 2014 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 4:19 PM

The SE/30 PDS connector is a 120 PIN Euro DIN Connector. If you google "120 PIN Euro DIN Connector" you can still buy them. You could probably hack something together with some vero-board and a ribbon cable.

2 replies

Oct 27, 2014 1:20 AM in response to Erik Carlson

Hi Erik

That's what I intend to build but I still have a worry though, will the ribbon/jumper wire damage the connections and make the card unusable? If the cable is too long, I'm afraid the signal won't travel fast enough for the data to go through and cause endless crashes.

I found these on ebay, http://www.ebay.com/itm/40-PCS-Dupont-Wire-Color-Jumper-Breadbord-Cable-2-54mm-1 P-1P-Male-to-Male-20cm-/291101938457?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item43c7071319

I think I'll give it a try some day, I just need to trim them and solder them one by one to two 120 PIN Euro DIN Connectors.

Thanks anyway 😉

PDS slot extension anyone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.