Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 call sound extremely quiet?

I've had my iPhone 5 for about 6 months and its worked fine but the last few weeks the call sound has been really quiet. I can barely hear what the other person is saying. The sound plays fine for everything else though like music, ringtones, alarms etc. It definitely hasn't got the protective film on it still it doesn't have a screen protector on it either and the sound bar is up to the highest volume possible. Anyone any ideas? Thanks.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 25, 2014 7:06 AM

2 replies

Aug 27, 2014 6:49 AM in response to jadeanne123

Hello jadeanne123

If it is the sounds from the receiver that has low quality, then check out the troubleshooting that I have outlined below.

iPhone: Receiver and call audio quality issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts5196

Follow these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Increase the volume during the call.
  2. Make sure nothing is blocking the receiver. If you're using a protective case or display film, remove it and try again.
  3. Make sure nothing is plugged into the headphone jack or the dock connector.
  4. Check the receiver opening to see if it is clogged with debris. If necessary, clean it with a clean, small, dry, soft-bristled brush.
  5. Try another location with better signal. If the audio issue happens only when on a call, it could be due to the location.
  6. If the iPhone is paired with a Bluetooth headset or a car kit, try turning off Bluetooth on your device. Learn more about troubleshooting Bluetooth connections.
  7. Restart the iPhone.
  8. Make sure your device is up to date.
  9. If the issue is not resolved, contact Apple Support.

Regards,

-Norm G.

iPhone 5 call sound extremely quiet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.