Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri don't hear me !

Hello there,

As it says in the title I have a problem with Siri who can not hear me.

When I run Siri voice bar downstairs does not move when I speak (noi have not enabled "raise to speak")

It Works very well when I call, the dictaphone work and the movie mic work too..

I don't understand where its coming from.

Ps: I'm already doing the restoration, but it not work.

IOS 7.1.2 update.

It's an iPhone 5 purchase used and is no longer guaranteed.

Thank you for your help.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 25, 2014 7:54 AM

6 replies

Aug 27, 2014 6:17 AM in response to Thedylan42

Hey Thedylan42,

Thanks for the question. I understand that you are experiencing issues with Siri on your iPhone 5. The following resource may provide a solution:

iOS: Troubleshooting Siri

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4079

Among the steps included in this article, you’ll want to refer to the following:

Ensure that Siri can clearly hear you

If Siri is unable to clearly understand what you are saying, make sure your microphones are not blocked.

[…] iPhone 5

Verify that both the mic in the receiver opening and the mic near the rear camera are not blocked.

[…] All models

- If you are using a protective case, try removing it.

- Try turning your device off and then on again.

Thanks,

Matt M.

Aug 27, 2014 4:36 PM in response to matt00

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your help !

"Ensure that Siri can clearly hear you

If Siri is unable to clearly understand what you are saying, make sure your microphones are not blocked."

My microphones are not blocked and works but not for Siri.

"Verify that both the mic in the receiver opening and the mic near the rear camera are not blocked."

My microphone next to the rear camera works because when I film, I can hear the sound and when I call somenody, they can hear me.

" If you are using a protective case, try removing it.

- Try turning your device off and then on again."

I've tried removing the protective shell, I also try to reboot several times and restore my device but still the same problem

Is it not rather be a software problem?

It is for you to tell me, you're the boss

Thx.

Aug 28, 2014 1:25 PM in response to Thedylan42

Hey Thedylan42,

Thanks for the follow up and additional information. To isolate the issue further, we can go ahead and perform a full software restore. Please be sure to back up your information first:

iOS: How to back up your data and set up your device as a new device

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4137

After erasing and setting up as a new device, your device is now in a factory configuration. Test to determine if erasing and setting up as a new device resolved the issue. Content on the device may have caused unexpected behavior.

If the issue is still present, you may want to contact Apple Support.

Thanks,

Matt M.

Siri don't hear me !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.