Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adobe updates: I've gotten error messages when trying to download pdfs (very annoying). Read somewhere that mac os has problems with the adobe extensions, thus, causing error messages from adobe. I ignore the updates. Should I?

Hi All,

I have stopped updating adobe software b/c I read that the adobe update software inserts extensions into the mac software system, causing annoying/time consuming error messages when downloading new pdfs. I get adobe update notices 2-3x/week. What do you recommend? I use an iMac OS 10.94.

thanks for your help.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Aug 25, 2014 9:10 AM

5 replies

adobe updates: I've gotten error messages when trying to download pdfs (very annoying). Read somewhere that mac os has problems with the adobe extensions, thus, causing error messages from adobe. I ignore the updates. Should I?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.