Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Arranging projects manually a no-go

Okay, so I've done my due diligence and tried to find an answer to this but find none. Oh, I've found years-old threads touching on the issue but no answers. The fact that this has been bugging people (and Aperture) for so long is disheartening indeed. I guess Apple's been planning on trashing Aperture for a long long time.

Anyway, in short: It is impossible to sort my projects manually in the inspector despite that option being selected in every possible contextual menu I could find.

Ive toggled view options to try and goose it. I've tried dragging a project UP the list instead of DOWN. In none of the cases does the project drop to where I drag it. Sometimes it springs back to where I dragged it from but more often it pops up in a completely random place in the list.

This is nuts. Has anyone come up with a fix for this? Or should I just migrate over to Lightroom sooner than I was going to?

alan b

OS 10.9.4; Aperture 3.5.1

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), APERTURE 3.5.1, FCPX 10.1.2

Posted on Aug 25, 2014 9:32 AM

1 reply

Aug 26, 2014 1:53 PM in response to Brunettin

Have you tried any of the steps listed on Apple's Aperture Trouble-shooting page?

Do you have any mouse/trackpad utilities that could be interfering?

That's all I got. I sometimes see the "jump to the top" behavior, but it doesn't persist. I repair all my Libraries regularly, as well as practice the voodoo of letting them sit unmolested for hours to let them process any tasks on their internal "To Do" list.

Lastly, if the problem is un-eradicable, you could use the work-around of a Project-naming prefix that sorts the way you want when a container is alpha-sorted. This is unwieldy for any dynamic list, however.

Arranging projects manually a no-go

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.