Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I DO NOT want my iPhone 5S to delete my e-mail on my mac. I have a imap.mail.yahoo account. Is there anyway I can delete mail on my iphone and not delete it on my mac?

Mail 5.3, Macbook pro 10.7.5, iPhone 5S, I DO NOT want my iPhone 5S to delete my e-mail on my mac. I have a imap.mail.yahoo account. Is there anyway I can delete mail on my iphone and not delete it on my mac?

Posted on Aug 25, 2014 6:07 PM

19 replies

Aug 26, 2014 3:02 PM in response to Mike Wheeler3

When you delete email from an IMAP account your are deleting it from the account, so it is deleted from everything else connected to the same account.

If your email provider (you did not mention who that is) provides access via a POP protocol you should change to that. You will no longer be able to synchronise email between various device any longer however.

It is not up to Apple Mail whether or not you can set up a POP account, it is decided by whether your email provider allows it.

I DO NOT want my iPhone 5S to delete my e-mail on my mac. I have a imap.mail.yahoo account. Is there anyway I can delete mail on my iphone and not delete it on my mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.