Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Retina Wireless Connection problem

I recently purchased a MacBook Pro Retina (late 2013) w AC wireless capability, and I have not been able to connect to my wireless network at work. Other computers, including my previous MacBook Pro (mid 2008) and my iPad 3 are able to connect to the work network without problems and I have no problems connecting my new MBP to my home or other networks. I have Windows 8 on a Boot Camp partition, and when my MBP is booted under windows, it still does not connect. My MBP is running OS X 10.9.4. My work wireless network uses a Linksys Wireless G Access Point model WAP54G v.2. Rebooting the router does not help. When my MBP tries to connect to the work wireless network, the status in Network Preferences says "Wi-Fi has the self-assigned IP address 169.254.216.147 and will not be able to connect to the Internet." Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 25, 2014 8:01 PM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2014 9:16 AM in response to Jackso

Hi Jackso,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

For troubleshooting a self-assigned IP address, I would suggest reading over and using the following article as a reference and resource.

Internet connection does not work with an IP address space of 169.254.xxx.xxx from ISP, router, or manual configuration

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3798

Have a great day,

Joe

MacBook Pro Retina Wireless Connection problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.