Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset waste ink counter on Epson730 on Mac10.7.5?

Using my Mac 10.7.5, does anyone know of a download that will reset the waste ink counter on my Epson Artisan 730 printer. I have changed the waste ink pads, but my 730 printer has locked me out until I change the waste ink counter back to 0. The printer screen message is:" A printer's ink pad is at the end of its life.Please contact Epson Support. Turn Off." Epson support says go to an Epson Service Center and have the machine serviced. The Service Center charges over $100 to do a reset. I found a reset program online but it was only used on PCs not Macs. Any help would be greatly appreciated, to get my printer back in service.

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Movie very sharp in iMovie.

Posted on Aug 25, 2014 11:36 PM

1 reply

Sep 3, 2014 6:20 AM in response to roy245

First, just to declare an interest in this as I sell a related product and solution...

That out of the way, to answer your question there are Windows only utilities that will work to reset the printers waste ink counter and just need to be used to complete the reset. Once reset the printer can then be returned to the MacOS machine and not need the windows machine again (well, not until the waste counter hit maximum again).

Alternatively there's a MacOS compatible pay-per-reset option in the form of a utility called iWIC. This requires the purchase of a one-time digital key to complete the reset itself but the utility can be used without a key to read the waste counters and get some other information from the printer.

Rather than repeat an FAQ on this all over again this article has more information and hopefully deals with your questions:

http://support.printerpotty.com/2013/mac-os-reset-tools

(Additional information related to MacOS is available on the same site)

One critical thing to note though is that resetting and then ignoring the waste ink is a bit of a daft thing to do so if you do decide to reset, then consider replacing the waste pads or fitting something like a Printer Potty to you don't later discover you need a new carpet, etc...

Hope that helps.

Reset waste ink counter on Epson730 on Mac10.7.5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.