Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a Mid 2010 iMac ( 21.5 Inch ) - How do I upgrade it's RAM to 16GB

I have seen the process on how to remove the memory access panel and add more RAM, but i am having issues on which is the right sort of memory required for my iMac...

i have selected this...

i don't know if this is the correct one or not...

if it is not then please tell me which sort of memory should i get and if what i have selected is correct than is there anything better than my selection?

a big thanks in advance.

here's the link to what i have found :

http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-ddr3-4-gb-laptop-ram-cmso4gx3m1a1333c9/p/itmdfyq ygud2uh6m?pid=RAMD2RYPJHCFQJBC&otracker=from-search&srno=t_13&query=4gb+ddr3+ram &ref=6935cb6d-788f-4f5e-b909-2937c5908218

i can purchase from Amazon.com as well if this isn't the correct one or if something better is available on Amazon.com.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), Mid 2010

Posted on Aug 26, 2014 3:59 AM

9 replies

Jan 28, 2015 5:33 PM in response to Drone96

I too have a mid 2010 iMac, 27 inch and am considering upgrading to 16GB RAM. I've read a couple long threads that babowa has linked to a thread I started a few weeks ago, and they've all seemed to have problems with 16GB with the same iMacs. One user posted that 4x4G from Crucial worked fine for him. It has been a while now since those thread have been updated and I wanted to know: Would 4x4GB from Crucial work with my 2010 27" iMac? Has Apple since fixed the problem with a firmware update?

I have a Mid 2010 iMac ( 21.5 Inch ) - How do I upgrade it's RAM to 16GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.