Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with DVD Drive on MacBook Pro

When I insert a DVD into the MacBook Pro Drive it makes a loud spin noise and the DVD ejects. I've tried with multiple DVD's and still experiencing the same problem. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I could try to troubleshoot this problem?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 26, 2014 6:55 AM

2 replies

Feb 3, 2015 9:39 AM in response to above-and-beyond

FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR INTERNAL SUPERDRIVE (especially if you updated to Mavericks or Yosemite)

This might help. If you haven't done so yet, try installing Apple's SuperDrive Firmware Update 3.0, which is on Apple's support site at http://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201953 to see if that resolves it. Although it's not specifically for that problem, the firmware update seems to be important for making external SuperDrives work in Yosemite, and it is one step I used to get my SuperDrive to work in a USB external case when plugged into my MacBook Pro.

Please let us know either way, whether the firmware update helps or not in your situation.

Help with DVD Drive on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.