Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't unlock my sim after having erased my iphone from Find my iphone

I was trying to desimlock my iphone prior to reselling. I went to find my iphone and erased the device there.

When trying to restart it I get a message sim locked and I don't get the screen on my iphone in order to enter the pin to unlock the sim .

I will sell it eventually but I was justr trying to prepare the phone for future sell. Now I can't use it anymore.

😟 can some one help to get it unlocked I know the sim pin but can't type it in!

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2, I was trying to desimlock my iphone

Posted on Aug 26, 2014 2:16 PM

3 replies

Jun 4, 2015 6:02 AM in response to braden85

Hi, we were having this problem and your solution doesn't help because we are not being presented with the sim unlock screen.

My husband's phone was stolen in an airport and not returned when he put it in lost mode, so he remote erased it. Roaming the airport he found the person who had his phone because it was pinging for him. Now we cannot get the phone to reload itself from itunes. It said it was sim locked, but it will not let us enter the passcode. We have checked with the phone company, but they do not consider the sim locked, so this is just local to the iphone (a 5C.)

We found following these instructions worked: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Note that you really have to keep holding down the home button – past the white apple reboot, until it shows the red itunes screen as shown on the page.

I can't unlock my sim after having erased my iphone from Find my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.