Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to buy new sounds it won't let me (iMac)

Hello

I bought my iMac almost a week ago now and I have since been trying to buy all of the sounds for garageband however I have been having a bit of trouble doing so. I have avalible funds so I should be able to do it. So when I click on the greyed out sounds, I type in my password and then I accept that I will be paying £2.99 for these extra sounds, it asks me to verify the account. (which is okay because I am able to do this easily.) Then the AppStore opens up and the App Store page is completely blank and because of this I cannot verify my account and therefore I cannot buy/get the extra sounds that I am paying for. (It does NOT take the funds out of my account)

Please could someone tell me what I am doing wrong and if anymore information is required please don't hesitate to ask for some by replying on this discussion.

Many thanks in advance

Ieuan

iMac, iOS 7.1.2, Windows 8.1 is installed

Posted on Aug 27, 2014 5:36 AM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2014 4:54 AM in response to Ieuan987

I had this problem with a brand new Mac with GarageBand installed. The answer was to reset my Apple ID password (which of course impacts on iCloud, iTunes etc etc). Anyway that cured the problem. It took about 10 minutes from the reset to actually find I could purchase and download the additional sounds, a 14mb download.

Hope that helps. The Apple support URL about resetting the cache did nothing for me.

When I try to buy new sounds it won't let me (iMac)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.