Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error message when installing updates. "There was an error in the App store. Please try again later" (20)

I've been trying to install recent updates for numbers, pages, and keynote, I get a message that says "There was an error in the App store. Please try again later." (20). I tried several times over the last few days and continue to get the same error message.

Kat

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Aug 27, 2014 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2014 3:58 PM

Even though you are just updating your apps, verify your payment method.

From the App Store menu bar click Store > View My Account then click Edit to the right of: Payment Type

If you have account on file that requries a security code, type that in if not available then click Done.

Then try your updates.

15 replies

May 5, 2015 2:48 AM in response to Catherine Larson

Thank you Catherine & MrToaster - Yes - I've just updated to my new credit card. All the details were correct, inc authorisation code but App Store kept prompting me to update iMovie then, not allowing me to (There was an error in the App Store. Please try again later. (20)).

Your advice worked - I logged out and in again.

The problem is that I'll definitely have forgotten your tip when my card next expires!

Error message when installing updates. "There was an error in the App store. Please try again later" (20)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.