Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie 10.0.5 share not working

Hi,

Updated to iMovie 10.0.5 using OS X 10.9.4 and have not been able to share my movies at all. The button does nothing and the drop down menu does nothing as well. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still have the same issue. I was not able to find a resolution from the community. Any help would be much appreciated. Making movies isn't that useful if you can't share them. Thanks!

iMovie '11

Posted on Aug 27, 2014 1:49 PM

36 replies

Sep 5, 2014 1:59 AM in response to 5Kamman

Thanks, just tried that. No luck. I spent 2 hrs with an apple genius the other day. We tried everything we could think of including repairing permissions and reinstalling OS. Also tried deleting iMovie using superuser mode and reinstalled, and also deleted files associated with iMovie in /Library and /System/Library, still no such luck. It seems to have started around the last update but there is no way for me to roll back updates with apples app store. Really frustrating because I spent several hours editing my movie and now I can't do anything with it. There is no option to export anything else that might be useful in this situation.

Oct 8, 2014 4:46 PM in response to skymeson

I had this same issue. The apple genius managed to fix it though!

Turns out, I happened to have too much on my Desktop. It was explained to me that OSX tries to keep things in memory if they are on the desktop (so that they are readily accessible when needed). This means when you start to have more than 500 MB on your desktop, you can experience slowdowns. I had over 4 GB on my Desktop, and we believed that was a contributing factor, causing it to simply not have the memory it needed.

So, we moved all my junk off the desktop, and then reinstalled iMovie and restarted just to be sure. Works fine now.

Feb 4, 2015 3:21 PM in response to skymeson

Hey there, I had this same issue when I upgraded to Yosemite. I spoke to an Apple Care member and after trying all sorts of things, it turns out that just creating a new library did the trick.

In iMovie:

File -> Open Library -> Create new Library (give it a new name)

You can cut and paste all your clips and events in to the new library and you're good to go.

Good luck!

imovie 10.0.5 share not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.