Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Aperture will not stop loading assets

I have a Mac OSx ver 10.6.8 using Aperture ver 3.2.4. I recently tried downloading my pictures from my Pentax K-r. Could not import pictures. Since then I cannot eject the Pentax K-r icon and Aperture keeps trying to load assets even without the camera being connected to my Mac. How can I stop this from happening?

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 27, 2014 1:49 PM

8 replies

Nov 13, 2014 5:53 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

I have the same or at least a related problem. Using OS X Yosemite 10.10 and Aperture 3.6 I am unable to import any pictures from the compact flash card of my Canon EOS 300D (also known as Digital Rebel). Aperture says it is Loading assets for Import View, endlessly without any progress (Status remains 0).

I've gone through all of the Aperture 3: Troubleshooting basics - Apple Support except for reinstalling Aperture. Image Capture cannot import the pictures (or even make an overview of the pictures) either.

Others appear to have the same problem:

Aperture frozen on "loading assets"

Aperture 3.2.2 is stuck on "loading assets" after I updated

Background: Just upgraded to OS Yosemite; Just upgraded to ISO 8.1. Unable to upload picture or video from my iPhone 5s…

Re: importing problem

Aug 15, 2015 1:22 PM in response to pappakilo

Sitting in my holiday apartment on a beautiful island in the Mediterranean, trying to import a first bunch of photos from my SD - and only seeing the first 33 thumbnails of more than 200 photos. I spent money for Aperture and it certainly was not 1.99. I was disappointed to see Aperture go, but with this bug and no help? Seriously, Apple is losing my loyalty quickly. Anybody found a solution?

Dec 2, 2015 3:31 AM in response to Deacon Lee

I has the same issue.

Tried the things people mention, but did not work.

This worked for me however..

Connect the iPhone to the Mac

Load up iTunes, allow iTunes to connect - you have to click allow or something like that

Load up aperture, and then it seems to work.

Once its started importing, I quit iTunes, and all seems okay now.

Maybe some kind of permission thing for certain access to the phone.. who knows.. it works now anyway.. 🙂

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.