Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone factory unlock not working

Hello

I just got my iPhone 5s factory unlocked directly by AT&T, but it is still showing the message: SIM not valid (on itunes and phone itself).

I called AT&T personally and they say their system shows my imei as already unlocked, so i wonder why i cant activate it.

i am following the steps here iPhone: About unlocking but i still receive the same error message.

Any idea?

Posted on Aug 27, 2014 3:56 PM

37 replies

Aug 27, 2014 4:47 PM in response to razmee209

the only message i got from itunes is: SIM Not Valid every time a insert my sim card Movistar Panama, but when i insert the AT&T sim card the phone works fine. AT&T says in the system my imei already shows as unlocked, but on apple system it shows locked. I have followed allt the steps but it just dont recognize my ne sim card

User uploaded file

Aug 27, 2014 8:24 PM in response to roaminggnome

Of course it is locked to AT&T since they unlocked it for me.

Apple said they have not received activation ticket from ATT.

ATT said iPhone is unlocked and I have to follow some instructions.

i Have been doing everything they told me.

it has been 5 days since it "got unlocked".

why the **** we still buying apple stuff?

they don't even got a minute to check this forum.

i Bought this phone from a nice guy who is helping me with apple and AT&T burocracy.

Aug 27, 2014 9:06 PM in response to KaotiKme

There are several inconsistencies in what you have to say here. First off, you say this is an AT&T phone, but you post a screenshot of something regarding CDMA. Then you are asked if you restored the device as new, which is a requirement for an unlock, and despite being asked this multiple times, you have yet to answer it. Now all of a sudden, you say about a ticket from AT&T, when that is submitted almost immediately, and they do not send you an unlock email until it has been submitted to Apple. Now, in the last post you ask about Apple on the forum, and Apple does not participate in the forum, nor do they monitor the forum. That is part of the TOS that you agreed to. Then you purchased this phone from a "nice guy". Something doesn't seem right here.

Aug 28, 2014 4:43 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Inconscistencies? This is an ATT phone, theyr unlocked directly when i submitted their online form.

i do not know why the **** that CDMA message appeared. I connected and disconnwcted the phone several times.

i already answered i restore as new and also from different backups.

that is what apple told me, that they have had not received the att ticket.

but when i call att they say it is unlocked and i have to do a restore.

so how many restores need i to do??? I am tired

You think i have the time to read all TOS agreement?, sorry mr perfection

i bought this phone from a firiend, he requested att to unlock it, and as att asks many personal info, he is helping me with that.

SO WHERE THE INCONSISTENCIES ARE????

it is driving me crazy i dont know a **** about tickets, i just want to use my phone and get rid of att.

iPhone factory unlock not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.