Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay over ethernet connected Apple TV does not work

Hey guys,

I really appreciate your help!

So here is my problem:

I cannot use Airplay from my iPad/iPhone or my Macbook (iTunes + AirPlay Mirroring) while the AppleTV connection is via ethernet.

If I disconnect the ethernet cable and activate wifi, there is no problem at all. But I want to use my AppleTV wired due to reasons like stability and performance.

I have a Hitron Router, which is only working as a Modem. My real routing device is an Apple Time-Capsule. It works as a DHCP and NAT. The NAT of the Hitron Router is disabled, it only sends the internet connection and no networking stuff.

Activating/Deactivation of the WMM Box doesn't work for me, because the Time Capsule doesn't provide such settings.

I am sorry for my English.

Hope you guys understand my problem.

Thanks!

Apple TV, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 28, 2014 9:54 AM

5 replies

Sep 13, 2014 2:42 AM in response to Rudegar

Thank you Rudegar. The problem was that the Time-Capsule did not automatically forward the TCP/UDP Ports to the wired connections or the other way around. For all those who read this thread later and have the same problem. You don't have to change all the TCP/UDP Ports on your own. The Time-Capsule and AirPort Extreme support the NAT Port Mapping Protocol, which automatically does the Port Forwarding.

A small research on Google did the rest, so it was easier than I thought.

Again thank you Rudegar for your answer 🙂

Best regards!

Airplay over ethernet connected Apple TV does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.