Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adding markers to a quicktime video

Is there any way to add markers to a quicktime file so when you share a file with someone else you can have markers they can jump to?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 3.4 intel core 17, 16gb mem

Posted on Aug 28, 2014 1:09 PM

25 replies

Aug 28, 2014 5:24 PM in response to HarringtonTalents

Harrington...........

Having done multimedia authoring for a loooong time, the answer is no, not in Quicktime Player (Pro or not). t takes a more robust video editing software such as Final Cut Pro or Priemiere Pro, etc. The markers are included in the data file and can be utilized by a Multimedia Authoring software like Macromedia(Adobe) Director as cue points. Even in Director it is a little complicated, so I am guessing your desires will not be easily fulfilled. Best to simply refer to the timecode(s) you want to point your share-ees to.

best regards

CCC

Aug 28, 2014 7:34 PM in response to HarringtonTalents

Is there any way to add markers to a quicktime file so when you share a file with someone else you can have markers they can jump to?

Yes, there are actually a number of different ways to add markers depending on your platform, goals, workflow requirements, and available sorftware.

For a Mac they range form the adding a single poster frame marker using QT 7 Pro (which can be accessed by another QT 7 user) to the addition of multiple chapter markers using a video editor like iMovie or FCP while editing and/or adding titles to your content. Such markers can be added manually using an app like QT 7 Pro along with a plain text editor or graphically using video encoding apps like Compressor or optical disc authoring apps like DVD Studio Pro. While somewhat old and a bit "flakey" in comparison, even a third-party app like Metadata Hootenanny may still work on a number of systems. Frankly, you will likely spend more time evaluating and selecting the best workflow for your needs than it will take to actually add the markers to a video clip.

User uploaded file

Aug 28, 2014 7:51 PM in response to Jon Walker

Howdy Jon

All that is getting the markers IN the data file. What I see is the OP's problem might be is how to point his audience to specific markers. Easy for Director to playMarker "WoodyGuthrie" of movie "Hootenanny" or waitForCuePoint "Cue01" of movie "LaDeeDa" then go "OnWithTheShow".

I guess I may be reading "share a file with someone else you can have markers they can jump to?" as the important part of his question.

Any suggestions for cheap/quick/down-n-dirty Director substitutes? He needs something to play the movie other than QTPlayer for the "jump to" part, does he not?

CCC

Aug 28, 2014 9:38 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

He needs something to play the movie other than QTPlayer for the "jump to" part, does he not?

The chapter markers to which I refer and create are compatible with such players as QT 7, QT X, QL, iTunes, GarageBand, Mail, MPEG Streamclip, Flip Player, NicePlayer, VLC, RoadMovie, and TV. Do not, therefore, see the point you are trying to make here since all of the apps mentioned here both play QuickTime videos and support the chapter markers embedded by the apps/methods previously enumerated as required by the original poster.

All that is getting the markers IN the data file. What I see is the OP's problem might be is how to point his audience to specific markers. Easy for Director to playMarker "WoodyGuthrie" of movie "Hootenanny" or waitForCuePoint "Cue01" of movie "LaDeeDa" then go "OnWithTheShow".

Once again I am confused by the point you are attempting to make here. If you are referring to marker's having customized names in their chapter list, then once again the apps/methods mentioned previously also have this ability. If you are referring to the automatic skipping of unwanted content, then I would point out that QT 7 has the capability to "hide" unwanted content within the original file so that it is logically skipped during playback in players that use "edits" atoms embedded in the QuickTime file but since most third-party players do not support such playback it is easier to copy the "logical" edits to a new file container as a "physical" edit for compatibility with all media players supporting the QT file container.

User uploaded file

Aug 29, 2014 1:47 PM in response to HarringtonTalents

Since there seems to be some confusion as to what you really want to do here, let me recap my thoughts:

1. You have QuickTime (MOV) files you wish to share with (distribute to) others.
  2. You wish to add "markers" which can be used by recipients to "jump" to specific points in the video for viewing.
  3. You do not appear to want to add these markers as part of an editing or conversion workflow.
  4. You would probably prefer a frame accurate "graphic" workflow as opposed to a "manual" programming workflow.
  5. You would prefer a "free" app rather than a "purchased" one.

Using these statements as the basis for a "most likely" scenario, I retested one such workflow under Mavericks this morning. See if it meets your requirements.

For the purpose of my test I used an MOV (H.264/AAC) file containing 5 randomly selected Apple movie trailers merged in a single file container. This file was then "drop loaded" into the free Metadata Hootenanny app main window. I then...

1. selected the source file in the main window and opened the Chapter editor,
  2. created 6 "empty" chapter markers (one for each of the five trailers and one for the end of the file) using the "+" button,
  3. entered the chapter (trailer) and EOF (End of File) names,
  4. opened the video player window for the loaded file by pressing the "Play" button,
  5. highlighted the chapter entry I wished to edit,
  6. scrubbed the playhead to the fame I wished to mark,
  7. pressed the "Get Time Point" button to transfer the frame time reference to the chapter list entry,
  8. repeated steps 4 thru 7 until all chapter markers were set.
  9. At this point I normally create a "reference" file to open in one or more "media player" apps to test chapter marker compatibility/accuracy.
  10. If not satisfied, I make corrections as needed. When satisfied, I save the "reference" file as a "standalone" file for distribution using any of several methods.

TEST RESULTS:

While the Metadata Hootenanny app is somewhat old (last updated in 2011), it still functions even under the latest Mac OS X v10.3 (Mavericks) release. Its primary advantage here is its ability to graphically create and/or add a chapter (Text) track to content without having to to re-compress the source audio/video data. If source content is to be edited and/or converted in preparation for distribution, then other alternative workflows might be more efficient.

Here is a link to my file should you wish to download and test it on your own system:

http://downloads.walker4.me/Temporary_files/Trailers-5%20copy.mov

NOTE: The above link file will only remain in effect until such time as I need to reclaim storage space on my personal server.

User uploaded file

Aug 29, 2014 4:42 PM in response to Jon Walker

To clarify, my workflow consists of me preparing dailies for my clients. I would like to try and lay each "take" on my timeline, and add chapter markers, so when I export a quicktime for my client, they can easy jump back and forth to earlier or later takes. To add them later on via timecode, would be a little bit of a hassle.

When I use to edit in Final Cut 7, I believe you could make chapter markers right on the edit point so they could be interpreted in Compressor. In premiere, although you can add markers, I don't believe they are recognized when you compress to a quicktime.

Aug 29, 2014 8:55 PM in response to HarringtonTalents

Sorry. Based on the simplicity of your question I assumed you to be a consumer level QT user.

To clarify, my workflow consists of me preparing dailies for my clients. I would like to try and lay each "take" on my timeline, and add chapter markers, so when I export a quicktime for my client, they can easy jump back and forth to earlier or later takes. To add them later on via timecode, would be a little bit of a hassle.

Afraid my description of the MetaHoot process may have been misleading. Chapter marker is entered into the chapter list in much the same way as with other video editors—i.e., by simply adding a time coded marker at the current playhead position in the player window/time line which can then be edited by the user if needed. (I rarely use the MetaHoot "time line" since it is vertical, can be for 2 dimensional or linear, and is more of an instantaneous "snapshot" of the frames in the current vicinity of the playhead.) Still, I can see that if you are already adding the markers in Premier, this process would be redundant.

When I use to edit in Final Cut 7, I believe you could make chapter markers right on the edit point so they could be interpreted in Compressor. In premiere, although you can add markers, I don't believe they are recognized when you compress to a quicktime.

Not a Premiere user but I find it hard to believe markers are not recognized. Was wondering what compression workflow you are using. Believe some video editors require active enabling of chapter marker output for certain workflows. Have you physically confirmed that output content contains marker data and/or checked to see if the markers are correctly identified (as chapter markers) by the receiving app (if any) and not designated as compression, edit/cut, or podcast specific markers.

Alternatively, if you are using an external app like Compressor to create your "QuickTime" content, have you considered using that app to add a chapter marker to the first frame of each "take" clip, batch processing the individual files, and then creating either a "reference" or "standalone" file/package for the clients to review? If individual takes are of equal duration, I also might create a single player file without chapters but containing multiple "take" tracks playing back simultaneously in a single player window. Most players will play the content correctly (except for VLC which opens a new player for each video track when accessed). Unfortunately, player bandwidth quickly mounts requiring a faster processing platform. Have also created player files that switch the display between tracks during playback but this approach can create problems with many players—especially if switching both audio and video track playback and has the same bandwidth limitations as the simultaneous playback of multiple tracks in a single player window but is better suited smaller smaller monitors.

In short, there seems to be many things you could try here but am not sure which, if any, are best suited to your needs if the most common method of chaptering internally within the editor is not a viable option.

User uploaded file

Aug 29, 2014 9:45 PM in response to Jon Walker

Jon

You may consider me shamed and contrite. You are the ramrod of this help effort as far as I am concerned.

You of course!, are right about the feature being available in QTpro 7. Being a Director Lingo geek and Premiere user, I never had the inclination to explore the issue internal to QT until you mentioned its existence. Turns out QTpro Player Help is pretty thorough on the subject (not without its errors though)

We both were lulled by the simplicity of the OP. Be interesting to get a complete outline of the complete WorkFlow, shutter-snap to delivery, to best answer the real question "How do I deliver a daily to my clients that is easily reviewable and commented upon?"

The QTpro method is actually a makeshift GUI, a couple of windows in QT - movie and info windows - and one TextEdit window as the third. Actually, very easy to use, even for a non-geek(LingoGeek=ME). Result is effective but not elegant - teeny-weeny menu beside the timeline. I have the QT help page annotated with the errors corrected and clarifications and ready to paste and screenshots of the "interface" if you want me to. Just post "Go for it!" and it shall be done post-haste.

My test took about ten minutes. Tip prep considerably longer 😎

as always, best regards

CCC

Aug 30, 2014 8:36 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

You may consider me shamed and contrite. You are the ramrod of this help effort as far as I am concerned.

Prefer to think of this forum as an "idea" warehouse. Fill a room with people having different backgrounds, skills, and experiences... ask a single question... and you will likely end up with a roomful of different answers. Some are better than others and many may have disadvantages that outweigh their advantages depending on individual needs and workflow requirements. In short, we should "rejoice and learn from our infinite diversities." Most of my education here is the result of efforts and proddings by QuickTimeKirk over the past decade.

You of course!, are right about the feature being available in QTpro 7. Being a Director Lingo geek and Premiere user, I never had the inclination to explore the issue internal to QT until you mentioned its existence. Turns out QTpro Player Help is pretty thorough on the subject (not without its errors though)

Tend to consider QT 7 Pro as the "poor man's version of FCP." Both apps are basically GUI's that allow users to interact with QT structures embedded in various versions of Mac OS X. Unfortunately, between the evolution of "QT X" and waining "QT 7" support since the release of Lion, Apple has not really done much in the way of updating the QT 7 manual or "Help" files.

We both were lulled by the simplicity of the OP. Be interesting to get a complete outline of the complete WorkFlow, shutter-snap to delivery, to best answer the real question "How do I deliver a daily to my clients that is easily reviewable and commented upon?"

Totally agree. It is always helpful when a posting individual discloses the actual "goals" desired rather than asking a "how to" question whose answer normally depends on those goals, specific workflow requirements, and/or certain hardware/software needs/availability. The possibilities that immediately cross my mind here are geared more to frame-to-frame comparisons since I am more interested in the compression of content and wish to evaluate the quality of my video output based on bandwidth limitations, data rate excursions, and the distribution of data over time as it relates to changing content complexities. It simply never occurred to me that the OP might be "sharing daily content" at a professional level for client review where time is money and where hardware/software expense might be a secondary consideration. And, as you hinted, even the method of "sharing" the content may be of greater significance than it would be for a "novice" user simply wishing to distribute content to family and friends.

The QTpro method is actually a makeshift GUI, a couple of windows in QT - movie and info windows - and one TextEdit window as the third. Actually, very easy to use, even for a non-geek(LingoGeek=ME). Result is effective but not elegant - teeny-weeny menu beside the timeline. I have the QT help page annotated with the errors corrected and clarifications and ready to paste and screenshots of the "interface" if you want me to. Just post "Go for it!" and it shall be done post-haste.

"Go for it." Even if the OP is not interested, many other users who read your comments might be interested. I personally prefer a more graphic approach, but if you check posts over the last few years you will still find users occasionally asking about the manual generation of text "Chapter" tracks... or the manually addition of text display... the use of "sprites"... or the addition of similar customizations to QT file content using QT 7 Pro. My personal needs are normally limited to the addition of chapter and alternate audio tracks for the viewing/serving of content in the form of a single, "universal" file that supports all of my Apple software and hardware players whether at home or "on the road." Frankly, based on your previous comments, I am more interested in doing a bit of research regarding Adobe Director & Lingo to see if they might be of any benefit to me and worthwhile in my "post-retirement" activities at this stage in life.

My test took about ten minutes. Tip prep considerably longer 😎

All too common, unfortunately. I have the same problem in that it's often easier and quicker to perform an operation than it is to explain it. Besides, I've been told that the drone of my voice alone is enough to put an entire auditorium of people to sleep.

In any event, enjoy the weekend. I'm off to begin work on a number of "public domain" content iBooks customized especially for my grandson. Seems he recently discovered he enjoys reading (Maze Runner series) and I wish to introduce him to some classic authors like ERB, EE Smith, and Norton. Am hoping he may like these works as much as I did in my youth.

User uploaded file

Aug 30, 2014 12:56 PM in response to Jon Walker

Jon

I kinda figgered you'd understand 😀

... Apple has not really done much in the way of updating the QT 7 manual or "Help" files.

Odd part = this is the stock Help file that came with 7.6.4 <-

Totally agree. ...

I can usually read between the lines well enough to tell when there is more to it than appears on the face of it. many years of client contact. Without knowing for sure, I can see a fault in the apparent "approval process" already... Too much time for 'contemplation' - and unattended at that. Another unknown is 'review/approval' by committee = BAD idea. I learned that one must Present 'proofs' in person and get approvals/changes signed-off on the spot.

Frankly, based on your previous comments, I am more interested in doing a bit of research regarding Adobe Director & Lingo to see if they might be of any benefit to me and worthwhile in my "post-retirement" activities at this stage in life.

Director is one BAD piece of authoring software. Capable of creating any kind of Media Rich, 2-D animation, Interactive custom software you can imagine. Believe or not Director.APP is created using Director ITSELF. It is all about "Lists" - read that "Tables" - read that "Databases" - all about very fast get this object searches. Think of it this way, a Movie / Video is frames and 'sprite' channels + time. A sprite can be ANY media object of any format.

The Director "Score" window will give you some idea of what I mean.This is one second at 30 FPS. In the top area (top > bottom) is simple timing, color palette(kinda outdated - back when 8-bit palettes were all different), transitions(huge library), 2 audio channels and finally the SCRIPT channel - where much magic happens. Sprite channels are intuitive, closest to the top, the further in the background - same as any video editor.

Exports as Java, QT and cross-platform 'Player' - you name it. You probably wouldn't believe some of thestuff I have done, and I am FAR from the best at Director.

User uploaded file

"Go for it."

Hide and watch... 👿

==============

The following is an example of how QT 7 and any Text Editor work together creating a makeshift Graphical User Interface.

It is intended ONLY as a visual EXAMPLE, NOT as a reference for the HowTo

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

==============

WorkFlow for Authoring "Chapters" in QuickTime 7

For future reference, you can find this HowTo in QT Player Pro Help Viewer

1. Choose [Help] > QuickTime Player Help OR key ⌘+?
  2. Choose "Editing and Authoring" in the Table of Contents
  3. Choose "Creating a Chapter List for a Movie" from the list of topics

** NOTES **

This is from QT Player Pro 7.6.4 AND it's Help Viewer file

The annotations in this post DO NOT appear in the Help file -->> there are ERRORS in the instructions = Steps 15, 18, 22 & 24 **

Annotations are in BOLD / Green

The Help File assumes the movie in which you want the chapters is already open.

User uploaded file

1. In a text editor or word processor, type your list of chapters and save the document as plain text.

2. Make each item very short (preferably one word but no more than two or three words) and separate each item with a carriage return.

(the Menu is VERY small and displays the current chapter - but will Pull Open to regular readable size)

3. In QuickTime Player, choose File > Open File, select the text file, and click Open.

4. Choose File > Export. In the Export pop-up menu, choose "Text to Text." In the Use pop-up menu, choose "Text with Descriptors."

5. Click Options. In the Text Export Settings dialog, select "Show Text, Descriptors, and Time";

select "Show time relative to start of Movie"; and set fractions of seconds to 1/30 (the default is 1/1000).

6. Click OK, then click Save to create a text file with descriptors.

7. Open the exported list in your text editor or word processor, and open the target movie in QuickTime Player.

This is where it begins to be a makeshift GUI workspace

8. Choose Window > Show Movie Info.

9. In QuickTime Player, drag the playhead on the timeline to find the first point in the movie where you want to begin a new chapter.

10. Use the Right and Left Arrow keys to step forward or backward a frame at a time as needed. Note the current time in the Properties window.

11. In the text file, find the first chapter title and change the timestamp just before that chapter title to the time you noted in the Properties window. <-

This is a tad counterintuitive - "before' the Chapter Title ? You can Copy / Paste from the Properties window!!

12. The timestamp might now read, for example, [00:01:30.15], meaning that selecting the first chapter title will jump the viewer 1 minute, 30 seconds, and 15 frames into the movie.

13. Repeat steps 9 through 11 until you've identified all the places in the movie that correspond to the chapter divisions and you've entered the proper timestamps in the text file.

14. Change the last timestamp (the one after the last chapter title in the text file) to match the duration of the movie.

15. Save the text file and import it into QuickTime Player. <- NOT 'import' but 'OPEN file' in QT Player 7

16. QuickTime creates a new movie with just a text track.

17. Choose Edit > Select All, choose Edit > Copy, and close the movie.

18. Click in the main movie, choose Edit > Select All, then choose Edit> "Add to Movie."

19. QuickTime adds the text track to the movie.

20. Choose Window > Show Movie Properties.

21. In the Properties window, select the video or audio track you want to associate with the chapter track, and click Other Settings.

22. Choose the main video or audio track from the Chapters pop-up menu.

** I cannot find this in QTpro 7.6.4 ** - A/V tracks are in a 'list' at the top

23. If you have a movie with alternate subtitle or sound tracks, you can create multiple chapter lists in different languages and set the appropriate subtitle or sound track as the owner of each chapter list. The chapter list will change to match the selected language.

24. Select the text track, then select "Preload this track" (to make the chapter track load first).

** I cannot find this in QTpro 7.6.4 ** - doesn't seem to matter

25. Deselect the new text track so that it doesn't display on top of the video.

See 'list' mentioned in annotation #22 This is the CHECK BOX to the left

26. The new track will still function as a chapter track.

27. Save the movie as a self-contained movie.

28. You can now choose a chapter title from the pop-up menu to the right of the timeline.

End of QT Help How To

Aug 30, 2014 4:44 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

Sorry. Was busy working on other things and did not see your latest comments until I took a break.

Director is one BAD piece of authoring software...

Thanks for the brief summary. Not on my "immediate TO DO" list but something to look into further when/if time is available.

The following is an example of how QT 7 and any Text Editor work together creating a makeshift Graphical User Interface.

It is intended ONLY as a visual EXAMPLE, NOT as a reference for the HowTo

Despite your caveat, the following may (or may not) be of further interest to potential users...

11. In the text file, find the first chapter title and change the timestamp just before that chapter title to the time you noted in the Properties window. <-

This is a tad counterintuitive - "before' the Chapter Title ? You can Copy / Paste from the Properties window!!

As an individual who has little problem remembering what to do but frequently failing to do things when I should, I found the ordering to be logical... at least for me.

15. Save the text file and import it into QuickTime Player. <- NOT 'import' but 'OPEN file' in QT Player 7

Believe this is one of those "failed to update" instances. If I remember correctly, the QT "classic" player used to have both "Open" and "Import" file options. The latter used to perform additional processing beyond simply opening a file. For instance, it could open recognized data in an unsupported container, perform some preliminary processing, and, if the user wished to keep data in it's modified state, it would then save it in a suitable file format. Currently, the "Open" File command essential performs both functions and then relies on the user to explicitly save the data in its current state. (I.e., much like QT X and it combined "Save/Export" function.)

22. Choose the main video or audio track from the Chapters pop-up menu.

** I cannot find this in QTpro 7.6.4 ** - A/V tracks are in a 'list' at the top

User uploaded fileThis is definitely another change that was never caught and updated. Some time ago, "owership" designation was switched from the "Chapter" track to the main "Media" track (usually the video track in an A/V media file or the audio track in an audio only file). I would assume this was necessary so that the multiple language chapter tracks could be associate with their respective audio and/or video track content.

24. Select the text track, then select "Preload this track" (to make the chapter track load first).

** I cannot find this in QTpro 7.6.4 ** - doesn't seem to matter

You are quite correct. Believe the original idea was to preload the chapter track for use with "Fast Start" or suitable "RTSP" content. Unfortunately, as files became larger and larger, lag times also increased. I mean, of what use is a pointer that points to data that has yet to be downloaded/cached to your system.

25. Deselect the new text track so that it doesn't display on top of the video.

See 'list' mentioned in annotation #22 This is the CHECK BOX to the left

User uploaded fileThis can still be a valid requirement. Disabling the Chapter track ensures the text in the chapter track cannot be displayed. For example, if the chapter track remains enabled AND the chapter track layer setting is less than the main video track layer setting, then your defined (or the default) "text box" will be displayed over your main video content as seen here:

And, speaking of "text boxes," this is no longer a required entry if you don't plan to display the text in an text track within the player screen. And if you do use it, the settings remain static until changed. I.e., you could set up a fixed or changing area within the player for the display of the chapter name and or modify how it is displayed (font face, size, text color, background color, etc.) in the player. In a similar manner, users can create their own subtitles/captions for their content if they so choose only they would want the that text track to be enabled and properly positioned so as not to interfere with main content display.

Another item of possible interest regarding "text boxes" is the fact that if they are omitted altogether, then a default text box seems to be automatically generated having dimension equal to one half the height and on half the width of you player window and anchored to the upper, left-hand corner (origin: 0, 0).

User uploaded file

Aug 30, 2014 5:00 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

Challenge = see if you can spot the error that QTPlayerPro made in the process it described. I have not tried recreate it and tired of trying to debug it on the fly.

Not sure if you are referring to something already mentioned above or something like the "out of bounds" Take 6 time reference entry.

12. The timestamp might now read, for example, [00:01:30.15], meaning that selecting the first chapter title will jump the viewer 1 minute, 30 seconds, and 15 frames into the movie.

I also neglected to mention that the above paragraph also contains a error since QT differentiates a time reference of 00:01:30.15 from 00:01:30,15 in that the former indicates 1 minute 30.15 seconds while the latter refers to 1 minute, 30 seconds, and 15 frames.

User uploaded file

Aug 30, 2014 6:09 PM in response to Jon Walker

Jon Walker wrote:

[ 1 ] Not sure if you are referring to something already mentioned above or something like the "out of bounds" Take 6 time reference entry.

[ 2 ] I also neglected to mention that the above paragraph also contains a error since QT differentiates a time reference of 00:01:30.15 from 00:01:30,15 in that the former indicates 1 minute 30.15 seconds while the latter refers to 1 minute, 30 seconds, and 15 frames.

[ 1 ] Nope... veeerry cold - it's in an image

[ 2 ] Gottit! decimal seconds vs. frames - Could be why the menu went wacky - OK spoiler -

User uploaded file

I must tell ya, that this movie is terribly screwed up now. All jumbled - end in the middle, middle at the first... a mess. Only change is:

18. Click in the main movie, choose Edit > Select All, then choose Edit> "Add to Movie."

of this file " myCMTxRdsCHAPs.txt "

-----

{QTtext}{font:Geneva}{plain}{size:12}{textColor: 65535, 65535, 65535}{backColor: 0, 0, 0}{justify:center}{timeScale:30}{width:160}{height:48}{timeStamps:absolute}{lan guage:0}{textEncoding:0}

[00:00:22.80]

{textBox: 0, 0, 50, 160}Take 01

[00:04:40.00]

{textBox: 0, 0, 50, 160}Take 02

[00:09:20.00]

{textBox: 0, 0, 50, 160}Take 03

[00:12:35.00]

{textBox: 0, 0, 50, 160}Take 04

[00:16:00.00]

{textBox: 0, 0, 50, 160}Take 05

[00:117:30.00] <<<<< == CULPRIT !!!!!! - Darn tiny text!!!! Will try and fix then report. Copy / Paste WorkFlow is IMPERATIVE!

{textBox: 0, 0, 50, 160}Take 06

[00:23:00.00]

{textBox: 0, 0, 50, 160}Take 07

[00:28:10.00]

{textBox: 0, 0, 50, 160}Take 08

[00:32:50.00]

{textBox: 0, 0, 50, 160}Take 09

[00:38:12.93]

---------

instructions clearly state "30 frames" instead of "1000" (? - can't even imagine what that might refer to - ? ) but THEN QTPlayer deals exclusively in decimal seconds in the properties window - can't be both.

User uploaded file

Gonna watch Seminoles game for a while

CCC

adding markers to a quicktime video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.