Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I uninstall Microsoft's SecureDownloadManager (SDM)?

Hey guys,

I was just using Microsoft's SecureDownloadManager to download Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac. However, I can't seem to uninstall SDM because it's not shown in the Applications folder, nor is the "x" available in the Launchpad.

Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 28, 2014 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 9:33 AM

You can find the application if you search for "SecureDownloadManager" under Spotlight, then Cmd-Click on the found app to reveal the location. On my machine, it is under ~/Applications/SecureDownloadManager.app, together with a log file SecureDownloadManager.log. Note that the dash represents your home folder (as opposed to the global root folder /Applications, where most applications are installed). To delete, start a Terminal session, and run the following two commands

rm ~/Applications/SecureDownloadManager.app

rm ~/Applications/SecureDownloadManager.log

to get rid of both. I am not aware of any other files that might belong to the application and which could have been installed elsewhere. At least I couldn't track .plist setting files that usually reside in ~/Library/Preferences.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2015 9:33 AM in response to Leeeoon

You can find the application if you search for "SecureDownloadManager" under Spotlight, then Cmd-Click on the found app to reveal the location. On my machine, it is under ~/Applications/SecureDownloadManager.app, together with a log file SecureDownloadManager.log. Note that the dash represents your home folder (as opposed to the global root folder /Applications, where most applications are installed). To delete, start a Terminal session, and run the following two commands

rm ~/Applications/SecureDownloadManager.app

rm ~/Applications/SecureDownloadManager.log

to get rid of both. I am not aware of any other files that might belong to the application and which could have been installed elsewhere. At least I couldn't track .plist setting files that usually reside in ~/Library/Preferences.

How do I uninstall Microsoft's SecureDownloadManager (SDM)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.