Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared safari history

HI

i found on my iPhone 4s , on safari history many adult sites saved in the history that I didn't recognize , I've never visited any of these sites , no one has an access to my phone , but I shared my Apple ID with someone , so could he browsing these sites and his safari history is shared on my mobile , I know that safari does not share history on your devices so what's the reasonable answer to this

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 29, 2014 1:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2014 9:55 AM

iCloud does sync browsing history to devices sharing the same iCloud account if Safari is turned on in Settings>iCloud. To prevent this, tell the person that's sharing your iCloud ID to either turn on private browsing or turn off Safari in Settings>iCloud.

8 replies

Aug 29, 2014 11:16 AM in response to randers4

yya I know the tabs and already read about it and use it , but it's not the same as the history , the tabs show you what sites are open on your other device and takes u directly to it , but as soon as these sites are closed you don't see it on your iCloud tabs , it's different from the history , in the histpry you can see all the sites visited since months and it's saved on your mobile , but does it save also on all tbe other devices sharing the same iCloud

Aug 29, 2014 12:02 PM in response to Sura979

I thought you were referring to the "history" you see on the tabs list. This will include more than just open tabs from an iOS device; it will include all tabs that have not been cleared, which can sometimes go back quite a while depending on your browsing frequency. (My tabs list includes 24 sites, and all appear as iCloud tabs on my other devices.) If you are referring to the history folder inside the Bookmarks section on your phone, then that should only reflect sites previously visited on your phone (i.e., it doesn't include sites visited by other devices sharing the account). Syncing browsing history will be a new feature of iOS 8 later this fall.

Shared safari history

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.