Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

motion 5 add logo to credit roll

Is there a simple way to add a logo to scrolling credits in Motion 5, like there is in Premiere Pro CC. Like cut and paste the logo to the end of the scroll? Or do I have to set up a separate motion path to match the scroll rate?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Aug 29, 2014 12:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2014 5:40 AM

Just bring your image (with transparency) into your Motion project as a separate layer. Position it and size it as necessary. Extend and/or trim the length of the logo layer to be the same as the credits. So you have three elements in your group: a text layer, a scrolling text behavior applied to that text, and a logo image layer.

Russ

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2014 5:40 AM in response to morandi50

Just bring your image (with transparency) into your Motion project as a separate layer. Position it and size it as necessary. Extend and/or trim the length of the logo layer to be the same as the credits. So you have three elements in your group: a text layer, a scrolling text behavior applied to that text, and a logo image layer.

Russ

Sep 2, 2014 4:23 PM in response to Michael Grenadier

Yep - thanks guys - trying to add a logo that moves with the same speed as the text scroll at the end of the scroll.

Instructions in the manual very unclear as to how to do this. Ctrl-click within the text scroll and you can see options to cut/paste, but these options only relates to text. If I apply the same text scroll behaviour to logo and trim to length of time on screen the timing is out.

Looks like the only way is to remake the logo with transparency that matches the size in pixels of the text scroll box and then apply the same text scroll behaviour - but this is completely ridiculous.

Or apply a motion path that through trial and error matches the text scroll.

In Premiere CC you can simply cut and paste the logo into the text scroll table and it moves the image at the same consistent speed.

Jun 30, 2016 8:16 AM in response to Russ H

I have not bought Motion 5 yet. I need to know if this will allow a logo, or any image to match the same scroll speed as the text. I want to add Dolby digital logos the same way that Hollywood movies do. I also will want to add images or video clips later on - these must scroll along with the text.

Do you know if this works?

motion 5 add logo to credit roll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.