Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airport express no internet connection

My internet is working when ethernet cable is connected to my PC. When I connect it to the AX WAN port the AX LED is Green and but in Airport Utility it is stated that I have no internet connection.

I just got new internet provider. Earlier I have a router before the AX now it is a connection with ethernet cable from the "wall".

AirPort Express 802.11N (2nd generation)

Posted on Aug 29, 2014 5:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2014 11:57 AM

If you want to configure your PC to use your Express instead of the wired connection, connect the Express to the wall socket Ethernet connection and leave it that way. Obviously your PC has to be wireless also.

Perform a "hard reset" (see below) and then reconfigure the Express using AirPort Utility.

To "hard reset" an AirPort Base Station: make sure it's powered up, then gently press and hold its tiny reset button. Don't apply any more force than required to feel a tactile click. Keep it depressed for five to ten seconds, long enough for its LED to flash amber rapidly. Release the reset button. Then, the LED will glow amber steadily for about a minute. Then, it will flash amber, slowly, about once every second or two, waiting for you to configure it with AirPort Utility.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2014 11:57 AM in response to søren simonsen

If you want to configure your PC to use your Express instead of the wired connection, connect the Express to the wall socket Ethernet connection and leave it that way. Obviously your PC has to be wireless also.

Perform a "hard reset" (see below) and then reconfigure the Express using AirPort Utility.

To "hard reset" an AirPort Base Station: make sure it's powered up, then gently press and hold its tiny reset button. Don't apply any more force than required to feel a tactile click. Keep it depressed for five to ten seconds, long enough for its LED to flash amber rapidly. Release the reset button. Then, the LED will glow amber steadily for about a minute. Then, it will flash amber, slowly, about once every second or two, waiting for you to configure it with AirPort Utility.

Jun 28, 2015 9:05 PM in response to søren simonsen

I have a 2nd gen airport express and it suddenly stopped accessing internet from provider router. I have reset everything many times....soft, hard resets on both router and express. I was extending my network using another 2nd gen express...have disassembled network...hard resets on both and tried separately as base stations without extending....nothing working....to much a coincidence for both WAN ports to die....thoughts?

airport express no internet connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.