Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes closes when I open it. It will not stay open

itunes closes immediately upon opening. It will not stay open. I've tried to download again and nothing happens when I click on download.

iPad, Windows Vista

Posted on Aug 29, 2014 6:47 AM

1 reply

Aug 31, 2014 12:21 PM in response to jchannah

Hey there jchannah,

It sounds like your iTunes application keeps quitting when you open it and you cannot seem to download it again. I would start with these troubleshooting steps in the following article to help you get that resolved:

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1717

Start iTunes in Safe Mode

Open iTunes in Safe Mode to isolate any interference from plug-ins or scripts not manufactured by Apple.

1. Hold down Shift–Control while opening iTunes. You should see a dialog that says "iTunes is running in safe mode" before iTunes finishes starting up.
  2. Click Continue.
  3. See if the issue you're experiencing persists in Safe Mode.

If you have the same issue while iTunes is in Safe Mode, proceed to the "Create a new user account" section. If you don't experience the same issue, follow these steps to remove third-party plug-ins.

If the issue persists, you should continue with the next sections in the article.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

itunes closes when I open it. It will not stay open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.