Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Frame rate - Image sequence Properties

Hello. I need to batch convert multiple image sequences (tiff) to prores. The problem is this: when I import image sequences, the frame rate is set 29.97 by default, but I need it to be 25 (they come from a video shot at 25fps). Changing the frame rate of every image sequence, one by one, is too time-consuming. How can I change it on all my sequences at once?

Thanks!

Posted on Aug 29, 2014 10:48 AM

9 replies

Aug 29, 2014 2:10 PM in response to Russ H

I'll try to re-formulate (I'm sorry, english is not my native language).

What I do in Compressor:

1) I import my image sequence

2) set it at 25fps in the image sequence settings

3) choose prores 25fps export (I created a prores preset at 25fps, as you suggested)

And the resulting clip is okay.

BUT

I have many image sequences and it's too slow to manually interpret every one of them at 25fps. The problem is in point 2). Because there's no way to interpret all the image sequences at 25fps with just one click for all.

I think it's the same with quicktime: you have to import every single image sequence, select the frame rate, export... one at a time.

I will have a look at mpeg streamclip.

thanks for answers

Aug 29, 2014 5:40 PM in response to herenyon

OK.

One thing about image sequence is you can't batch input them like video files –either to a batch or a in a batch>droplet. But you can import them one after the other and then apply the custom setting that will be applied o them all. The frame rate should be correct, but I would verify that with one IS first.

I spent some time on QuickTime Pro and later on MPEG Streamclip and I could not figure out a faster workflow. (I'm not saying there isn't one.)

Russ

Sep 1, 2015 7:21 AM in response to herenyon

I have exactly the same problem. Have anyone solve this? I have to do manually more than 200 image sequences (raw footage) to change it to 25fps. Can't this be done by default? And it would be also great that compressor would recognise the sound file inside the folder automatically (i I also have to do the same "ad audio file" to each image sequence).

Frame rate - Image sequence Properties

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.