Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand still included in iOS 6 version of 4th Gen iPad?

HI. I remember back when I first got this iPad (4th Gen), it was first in iOS 6 and Photo Booth as well as GarageBand (full version) were included for free. By full version, I mean smart strings and smart keyboard were also included. However, I noticed when I upgraded to iOS 7, GarageBand was then moved to the App Store, but Photo Booth stayed. If I download GarageBand now, those smart strings have to be purchased. I wonder if maybe I downgrade to iOS 6 would the full version of garageband be included as well?

Thanks.

GarageBand (iPad), iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 29, 2014 6:17 PM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2014 12:22 AM in response to ellirocker24

If I download GarageBand now, those smart strings have to be purchased. I wonder if maybe I downgrade to iOS 6 would the full version of garageband be included as well?

If you previously owned a full version of GarageBand iOS, you should be able to download the additional instruments for free, since you bought them with the previous GarageBand version. Tap the nearly invisible, small print "Already Purchased" button at the bottom of the in-app purchase panel.

If you previously purchased an earlier version of GarageBand for iOS, you will get the In-App Purchase content for free. To restore your purchase, you may need to tap Already Purchased when you see the in-app purchase in GarageBand.

See this link: Expanding GarageBand for iOS 2.0 content with an in-app purchase

GarageBand still included in iOS 6 version of 4th Gen iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.