Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

double vpn connection

Hi, i'm a mac mini user with Mavericks installed and updated to the last version, but i have a little problem with vpn connections, i'll explain my situation:

i have to connect to two VPN services the first one (CISCO IPSEC) gives me the internet connection (without connecting to it i don't have internet connection), the second one (IPSEC) connects me to the office network which i wanna surf with. My first idea was to connect through the first using the native client and then connect to the second one, but it looks like the native client does not go through the first vpn so i can't connect to the second one because i have no internet exit.

My second approach was to install vpnc via mac ports, and connect to the first vpn connection with it, then connect to the second one with the native client. Following this path both tunnels are established but i have no internet connection when i connect to the second VPN. I think this is a problem with routes, but i dont know what is the exact problem.

Someone who can help me?

Thank you

Rafa

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Aug 30, 2014 1:15 AM

1 reply

Jan 16, 2015 7:19 AM in response to rafius15

You're talking about Mavericks, and I noticed something changed recently, but I can't remember if that was Mavericks or Yosemite (I'd say it was Yosemite, so maybe it is not related to your issue).

Basically, I used to be able to chain VPN like you're trying to. I was able to connect to the corporate VPN which is a Csico IPSEC, and then use a PPTP VPN to connect to a Lab. But that was before, it does not work anymore.

To do that anyways, I use Cisco AnyConnect to get to the corporate network, and then I can use Mac OS X's PPTP to connect to the lab.

Did you try Cisco AnyConnect?

double vpn connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.