Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air login in french

I just bought a macbook air yesterday.

My problem is that when it has been idle or when i turn it on, it will show the log in screen in french. I find that quite annoying and i would like to know how to change this? I'm using 10.9.4.

I checked the language settings and it is not possible to change it there.

When i installed my macbook air i chose Danish as language, so the french login screen makes no sense.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Aug 30, 2014 2:03 AM

2 replies

Sep 2, 2014 6:40 AM in response to iMikkel

Hey iMikkel,

Thanks for the question. After reviewing your post, it sounds like the only language problem is with the login screen. This article shows how to change the language displayed in the login window.

OS X: How to change the language displayed in the login window

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4102

OS X Mountain Lion, Lion, 10.6, 10.5, or 10.4

1. Login as a user who has an administrator account.
  2. Open Terminal (located in /Applications/Utilities/).
  3. Type or paste this command in Terminal:sudo languagesetup
  4. Press Return.
  5. When prompted for a password, enter your account password and press Return again. If your user has no password (a blank password) and you are using Mac OS X v10.5 or later, see sudo command requires a non-blank admin password.
  6. A list of available languages will be displayed. Type the number that appears next to the language you want to use, then press Return.
  7. Quit Terminal.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Macbook air login in french

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.