Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband Lessons on iMac and MacBook

I've just started using Garageband to learn the basic of playing the guitar and bought the additional lessons while using my rMBP. This morning I opened Garageband on my iMac expecting to find the lessons there (all other purchased content has been available on both) but get the option to buy the extra content again. The 'Restore Purchases' option in the menu is greyed out, and remains so even after I've entered my Apple ID into Garageband (still only get the option to buy the extra content).

Is there a way of getting Garageband to recognise I've already bought it or do I have to purchase it all again for the iMac?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), Garageband 10.0.2

Posted on Aug 30, 2014 1:03 AM

2 replies

Sep 2, 2014 9:59 AM in response to Harassed Dad

This morning I opened Garageband on my iMac expecting to find the lessons there (all other purchased content has been available on both) but get the option to buy the extra content again.

In that case try to copy the Artists lessons over: GarageBand installs them in the System Library:

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Learn to Play/

Copy all missing items from this folder on your rMBP to the corresponding folder on your iMac. Then restart the iMac and try again to open a lesson.

Garageband Lessons on iMac and MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.