Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my Iphone 5 4g compatible

Some places tell me it is and another will say its not, can anybody in Apple give me a definitive answer

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 30, 2014 12:31 PM

8 replies

Aug 30, 2014 12:55 PM in response to jgb157

Depends on who your carrier is, whether or not you're in the home country of the iPhone, and the definition of 4G...
How to determine all of the above.

4G- HSPA+ data communications, released a few years after 3G, didn't get much traction as LTE exploded onto the scene in 2012.

LTE otherwise known as 4G LTE (a terribly named term imo)

America- Verizon/Sprint do not have the 4G H+ network, but they do have LTE.
T-mobile/At&t, yes they have both 4G and LTE.

Almost everywhere else on the planet (Excluding N. Korea, North/South pole, etc.) has 4G and LTE due to the popularity of the GSM standard.

Aug 30, 2015 7:41 AM in response to wegras

According to GiffGaff, only EE support 4G LTE on the iPhone 5 in the UK. They sent me a refund for my 4G 'GoodyBag', and I had to go for a 3G 'GoodyBag' instead.

I'm having to buy a later iPhone now so that I can utilise 4G capability.

If anyone else in UK is using 4G LTE capability on their iPhone 5 (model A1429) on any other network than EE, please let us know... it will save me buying a new phone!

Is my Iphone 5 4g compatible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.