Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is siri missing on ipad air?

is anyone else missing siri on their Air? its not in settings at all, and, holding the home button doesnt do anything....not even an error message.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Aug 30, 2014 2:00 PM

6 replies

Aug 30, 2014 2:24 PM in response to steve424

Where did you buy your iPad? As far as I know, Siri is available everywhere. Not all features work everywhere, but I don't know if Siri is restricted anywhere. However, if your iPad is company or school owned or has a profile on it that was setup by the company or school, I suppose that it could be removed by the profile.

Aug 30, 2014 3:32 PM in response to steve424

Check your Restrictions.

Try this - Reset the iPad by holding down on the Sleep and Home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons. (This is equivalent to rebooting your computer.) No data/files will be erased. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430

To solve some problems, just follow these simple steps

1. Go to Settings

2. Tap on General

3. Tap on Reset

4. Tap on Reset All Settings

What this effectively does is to reset some of your Settings to factory default. It’s not a complete removal of settings. It removes all of your preferences for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Do No Disturb, Notifications, General, Sounds, Brightness & Wallpaper and Privacy. It doesn’t affect your data. All of your email accounts will remain intact, as well as any SMS text or iMessages.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Aug 30, 2014 7:59 PM in response to Texas Mac Man

thanks for the replies fellas. i'd already tried rebooting etc, but, there is a problem i,ve come across before which tex man mentioned with regards to the restrictions passcode. for some reason its activated a four digit number different to the only one i use on this ipad. i know what you,re thinking, maybe i did it without knowing etc, but, theres no way i would restrict myself and if i did, i always use the same code when its numbers. i,m on my 9th attempt....i cant get into restrictions to check if siri is in there but it would make sense i suppose.

i would of thought if siri was restricted, when you hold the home button, you would get either a popup asking for the restrictions passcode or at least an error message though.

Sep 21, 2015 5:53 PM in response to sberman

The owner did just explain -

Quote -

it's not in settings at all,

and, holding the home button doesnt do anything....not even an error message.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

sberman wrote:

Are you aware that Siri would show up under Settings > General > Siri if it were there?

This article says more about Siri's availability -

it should be available world wide as Demo says.

iOS: About Siri

We all Know what SIRI is -

Not One line Item in that Link Says Anything about - " The SIRI App Is Missing from Settings / General -

Why is siri missing on ipad air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.