Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beginner Aperture Question

I recently upgraded to Mavericks from Snow Leopard.

I have been using iPhoto 08. I have just installed iPhoto 09. I cannot use iPhoto 11 because it does not show Keywords under the thumbnails!

I just discovered to my horror that “Faces” cannot be turned off in iPhoto 09. So.... I am thinking I should purchase Aperture.

Can I add Keywords under each thumbnail (as iPhoto did previously), can I turn off “Faces”?

Will Aperture work with my existing iPhoto 09 (or iPhoto 08) database?

I have about 10 libraries that are presently managed using “iPhoto Library manager”.

Thanks for helping.

Posted on Aug 30, 2014 3:44 PM

2 replies

Aug 31, 2014 12:02 AM in response to Ziatron

But what will happen to my keywords from iPhoto 08 / 09 ?

Your keywords will be migrated when you open your iPhoto '09 library in iPhoto '11. The events, albums, smart albums, keywords, titles will move over. If you have photo books, they may change slightly, because the themes have changed.

But as a precaution, do not upgrade your iPhoto Libraries to the newer versions without keeping backup copies of the libraries.

Beginner Aperture Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.