Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot navigate to settings on Apple TV

When I turn on the Apple TV, "computer" is highlighted, and I cannot navigate to settings. I have changed the battery on the remote, held down menu and rewind, and menu and right. Nothing has worked so far. The remote does seem to be working because it changes the song in my ITunes library. I have a new router and internet password since I used it before, however I stopped using it at the time because it already did not seem to be working. It stopped working after I disconnected it and tried to use it at a friend's house.

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on Aug 30, 2014 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2014 7:23 AM

Hey praseela,

Thanks for the question. After reviewing your post, it sounds like you have unpaired and repaired the remote with the Apple TV. One thing that can help is what light pattern you see when using the remote.

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Resolve issues with Apple Remote

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5157

If the light flashes three times in quick succession, the Apple TV is paired with a different remote. Follow these steps:

1. Use any Apple Remote to clear the current pairing by holding Menu and Left for six seconds. A broken chain-link icon User uploaded file will appear on your TV screen.
  2. Pair your current remote with the Apple TV by holding Menu and Right for six seconds. A chain-link icon User uploaded filewill appear on your TV screen.
  3. Find more information about pairing and unpairing your Apple Remote if necessary.

If the light flashes when you press buttons on your Apple Remote but nothing happens on your TV screen, follow these steps:

1. Hold Menu and Down on the Apple Remote to restart.
  2. If the issue isn't resolved yet, unplug the Apple TV from the wall outlet, wait at least six seconds, then plug it back in.

If the light doesn't flash when you press the buttons on your Apple Remote or if it doesn't flash with every press, follow these steps.

1. Look for the low-battery icon on your TV screen User uploaded file.
  2. If you see the low-battery icon, please replace the Apple Remote's battery.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2014 7:23 AM in response to praseela

Hey praseela,

Thanks for the question. After reviewing your post, it sounds like you have unpaired and repaired the remote with the Apple TV. One thing that can help is what light pattern you see when using the remote.

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Resolve issues with Apple Remote

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5157

If the light flashes three times in quick succession, the Apple TV is paired with a different remote. Follow these steps:

1. Use any Apple Remote to clear the current pairing by holding Menu and Left for six seconds. A broken chain-link icon User uploaded file will appear on your TV screen.
  2. Pair your current remote with the Apple TV by holding Menu and Right for six seconds. A chain-link icon User uploaded filewill appear on your TV screen.
  3. Find more information about pairing and unpairing your Apple Remote if necessary.

If the light flashes when you press buttons on your Apple Remote but nothing happens on your TV screen, follow these steps:

1. Hold Menu and Down on the Apple Remote to restart.
  2. If the issue isn't resolved yet, unplug the Apple TV from the wall outlet, wait at least six seconds, then plug it back in.

If the light doesn't flash when you press the buttons on your Apple Remote or if it doesn't flash with every press, follow these steps.

1. Look for the low-battery icon on your TV screen User uploaded file.
  2. If you see the low-battery icon, please replace the Apple Remote's battery.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Cannot navigate to settings on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.