Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canoscan 9000F drivers

I have been using OS X 10.8 in the past and happily got my Canon 9000f scanner to work. I have upgraded to OS X 10.9 and now I can only get an error. When I open MP Navigator EX 3.1 it throws up a panel with this message.

Cannot start MP 3.1 check the following ponts

1. The supported of this software is as follows

Canoscan 9000F

Canon MX340 series

Canon MX350 series

Canon MX 380 series

When your product model is not listed instal correspondent (op cit) MP Navigator or MP Navigator EX.

2. MP driver scanner driver which support s your product model is installed.

3. Your product model is connected to the PC properly and the power is o, if there isa power supply.

4. Reconnect the USB cable when connected with USB.

There seems to be no way past this panel.

Any ideas on what i have to do to get this working?

thanks

jon

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), Canon 9000F scanner

Posted on Aug 31, 2014 5:27 AM

5 replies

Aug 31, 2014 2:47 PM in response to den.thed

This worked for me. The only small glitch was when ran MP Navigator 3 EX for the first time it said that another process was using the scanner. I think that was because I had run the Image Capture Application earlier while trying to get it working. IA did work but doesn't have the User functions of Navigator. I downloaded both drivers from the Canon site listed by den.thed and installed them and it all worked. Thanks

jon

Dec 26, 2015 6:30 AM in response to jonogrady

I had the same trouble after I migrated my software from a 2009 Macbook Pro to a 2014 Macbook Pro running OSX Mavericks. What worked for me was first to completely delete the MP Navigator EX 3.1 application using AppCleaner. Then I went to the Canon UK page for the Canoscan 9000F and selected the "Software" tab. I downloaded and installed the latest version of MP Navigator. Then I selected the "Drivers" tab and downloaded and installed the latest versions of both the scanner driver and the Image Capture driver. My Canoscan 9000F system is fully back on the air using all free Canon software!

Canoscan 9000F drivers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.