Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Classic (NEW) will not sync TV Shows. How can I?

I've bought a brand new iPod Classic from Apple for my brother to watch TV shows. I bought Seasons 1 of both True Detective and Fargo in HD and my iTunes will not let the iPod sync and place those TV shows onto the iPod as it says it is unable to do that. Why? How can I get these TV shows onto the iPod? Please help!

iPod classic

Posted on Aug 31, 2014 5:10 AM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2014 7:59 AM in response to hannahmg93

Hello hannahmg93,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Please see the information below for syncing video content to an iPod classic. Note that you will need to download the standard definition version as the iPod classic cannot play HD video.

Syncing video to iPhone 3G or earlier, iPod touch (1st or 2nd generation), iPod classic, iPod 5th generation, or iPod nano (3rd, 4th, or 5th generation)

1. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer. You can download the latest version for free here.
  2. Open iTunes on your computer.
  3. From the Store menu, choose Store > Sign In, and then enter your Apple ID and password.
  4. Navigate to your Purchased page. Find it by clicking Movies or TV Shows from the top navigation bar in the iTunes Store, and then click Purchasedfrom "QUICK LINKS" in the iTunes Store.
  5. Choose the appropriate video type: Movies or TV Shows.
  6. In the lower-right corner of the screen, deselect the box next to "Download HD When Available."
  7. Search for the desired video and click the download button.
  8. This should download the standard definition version to your computer so you can sync to your device.

iTunes: Sync purchased HD videos to iPod or iOS device

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4223

Take care,

Alex H.

iPod Classic (NEW) will not sync TV Shows. How can I?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.