Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost photos after syncing iPhone

Basically, i forgot my passcode and had to reset my phone which meant all data was lost. I took a few photos after i got my phone back from the reset. I went home and synced my phone with iTunes and restored my data. However, all the photos that were restored only traced back to August 7 and the photos i previously took after my phone was reset were all gone. I took them using VSCO Cam and the Camera app, but i can't recover any of them! I tried to rebuild thumbnails via VSCO cam but still, my library was empty. My photo album only consists of pictures that are dated up to around August 7. What can i do ???

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 31, 2014 8:40 AM

1 reply

Aug 31, 2014 8:42 AM in response to ughmaine

When you restored your device to the backup in iTunes, it put your device back to the condition it was in on the date and time of the backup. Anything done on it since that date/time is deleted. You say that you restored the device as new and then took photos. If you did not import those photos to the computer prior to restoring to the backup, then they are gone, and there is no way to recover them.

Lost photos after syncing iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.