Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cant see my iphone 5s in my computer(windows) but i can see it in itunes. my pc cant find the drivers

this it's what i see in device manager!

Please help!

User uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 31, 2014 10:17 AM

9 replies

Aug 31, 2014 10:19 AM in response to theo2203

Your photo is not showing, so not sure if you inserted it correctly. Secondly, the only time the phone shows in Windows is if there are photos in the Camera Roll. You can see if there is a driver issue on the phone by checking the instructions in this support document. iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

While the document indicates showing in iTunes, there are instructions on checking the Apple USB driver for the phone.

Aug 31, 2014 10:58 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks for your help. this happened after i format my PC three days ago. other laptops can see my iPhone. it works fine with itunes. I just want to backup some videos on my PC. i tried to update iPhone's drivers but it says ''unable to find drivers''. I have the same problem with my iPad. i tried browsing drivers from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers but again nothing. i'll try again with the photo User uploaded file

Aug 31, 2014 12:32 PM in response to theo2203

I'm not sure if you are adding the photo correctly. Are you trying to just paste it in there or are you using the camera button in the forum? You need to use the camera button, but I don't think that is available if you are trying to do this on the phone. You don't need to browse for a driver there, you just need to point it to that folder and then let the computer find it there. The reformatting of the computer could very well have caused the issue. Did you restore a backup of the computer after you did the reformat? You may need to remove and reinstall iTunes to help get the correct driver in there. If you decide to do that, use the instructions in this support document Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 or you could find yourself creating additional problems. See if that helps.

Aug 31, 2014 3:06 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I used the camera button on PC. Now with my iPad. I can see the photos using iPad. I'll try reinstalling iTunes Tomorrow. Again thanks a lot!

[in device manager when I expand Universal Serial Bus controllers I can see "Apple Mobile Device USB driver", but there is one that sais "? Other devices" and when I expand it there is an icon that says "iPhone" and when I click on it and try to update the drivers online it says " windows unable to find drivers"] the photo shows what I see in device manager

User uploaded file

Sep 1, 2014 8:03 AM in response to theo2203

This isn't an iPhone issue, it is a Windows issue. Not sure that any update that Apple does will fix this. When you say you reinstalled iTunes, did you do it from the directions in the support document that I provided? You have to remove everything in that particular order for everything new to be installed. Try doing it once more.

i cant see my iphone 5s in my computer(windows) but i can see it in itunes. my pc cant find the drivers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.