Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Key Not Valid for Use in Specified State won't GO AWAY

I really need help as I've got no iTunes, iTunes files, or Apple files AFTER following HT 1923 and then by following BY HT 1926 I also followed "Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates".

I've also tried to download iTunes versions: 11.3.1 10.7 10,6,3 10.3.1 ALL COME UP WITH : Key Not Valid for Use in Specified State

THIS IS THE 3rd iTunes UPDATE for Windows that I've had installation problems with - before that there was NEVER a problem when the 'new update is available' box showed up, I just clicked it and all worked perfectly

I have used System Restore but that hasn't worked either. There are no Apple programs in Control Panel>All Programs OR in File Explorer which I've

clicked BOTH 32 AND 64 bit Program Files Folders.

I did a live chat with Norton once and they asked if they could fix that problem I had at the time with one of their issues 'remotely' and it did fix it .

I think this problem needs a 'remote' fix -- does anyone know if Apple Support offers that service?? Also I couldn't fine out on the Support page what

the going rate is for a phone tech call.

BUT I am willing to try any 'FIX' that you can come up with and will report back as to what happened.

Windows 8.1 all updated

Dell desktop

Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.17232 Update Version: 11.0.11 With 'install new versions automatically' box checked

IPS Comcast with their Norton Security Suite and Firewall (NOT using Windows Firewall)

1 dog that's tired of me cussing

1 wife who says "can't you fix that???!!! 🙂

ALL help IS greatly APPRECIATED Patrick

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1, Win8 and iTunes are updated.

Posted on Aug 31, 2014 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2014 10:54 AM

For "Key not valid for use in specified state" errors try moving the folder RSA from

C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA to say C:\RSA (just in case there should be a need to restore it) then try installing again. This folder appears to act as a cache and should be rebuilt automatically as required.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2014 10:54 AM in response to Pat the hat

For "Key not valid for use in specified state" errors try moving the folder RSA from

C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA to say C:\RSA (just in case there should be a need to restore it) then try installing again. This folder appears to act as a cache and should be rebuilt automatically as required.

tt2

Aug 31, 2014 9:22 PM in response to turingtest2

Oh sure make the dog feel better and silence the wife 😀 🙂 , but yes the crypto file has allowed me to get iTunes back. Thank you so very much for the quick response to my question and for being excellent at what you do, which is unselfishly helping frustrated people out because you are very computer literate and take the time out of your life to do so. If you lived in my area (Oregon) I'd treat you to some very nice handcrafted microbrew beer and lunch as the home of the U of O Ducks have many to choose from.

Again I do appreciate your help in this matter that really had me going, Patrick

Key Not Valid for Use in Specified State won't GO AWAY

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.