Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mavericks Mail Preference File?

I'm trying to backup my Mail file in Mac OS X Mavericks. I found the Mail folder, but I can't find the preference file so I can backup the mail settings. Can you tell me what the filename is now called under Mavericks and where I can locate it?

Thanks!

Posted on Aug 31, 2014 12:04 PM

10 replies

Aug 31, 2014 3:29 PM in response to Kelly Crossley

Most/all of the settings are stored in the cloud these days. In fact, you can log into a brand new mac with your apple_id and your mail settings will magically be there. I have a lovely program called "find any file" that shows these locations for mail.plist

User uploaded file

With the cloud and a copy of the folder Diane mentions, you should be covered.

Aug 31, 2014 3:36 PM in response to ssls6

在 2014年9月1日,上午6:30,Apple Support Communities Updates <discussions-updates@apple.com> 写道:

New discussion activity

ssls6 has posted in the OS X Mavericks community.

Most/all of the settings are stored in the cloud these days. In fact, you can log into a brand new mac with your apple_id and your mail settings will magically be there. I have a lovely program called "find any file" that shows these locations for mail.plist

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/467609040Shot2014-08-31at5.24.13+PM.png

To post a reply, go to the discussion in Apple Support Communities.

You are receiving this email from Apple Support Communities. You can change your email preferences in your Apple Support Communities Profile.

TM and copyright © 2014 Apple Inc. 1 Infinite Loop, MS 96-DM. Cupertino, CA 95014.

All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Apple Support

>

Aug 31, 2014 3:47 PM in response to dianeoforegon

Wrong. The current preferences file is stored in /Users/username/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Data/Library/Preferences/com. apple.mail.plist. Peruse the Mail container folder for other things not contained in the Mail or primary Preferences folder.

27" i7 iMac (Mid 2011) refurb, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), ML & SL, G4 450 MP w/Leopard, 9.2.2

Sep 1, 2014 12:21 AM in response to ssls6

ssls6 wrote:

User uploaded file

That only applies if you have an icloud account, which many people do not. The mail preferences file locations have been identified elsewhere in this thread

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.