Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homesharing: I rented a film on my computer via iTunes. I now want to play it on Apple TV. Home sharing is "on". Went to "rentals" and it says: "no rentals at this time". What am I doing wrong or how do you now play it on my appleTV?

Homesharing: I rented a film on my computer via iTunes. I now want to play it on Apple TV. Home sharing is "on". Went to "rentals" on Apple TV and it says: "no rentals at this time". What am I doing wrong or how do you now play it on my appleTV?

Apple TV

Posted on Aug 31, 2014 2:13 PM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2014 7:45 AM in response to Cali03

Hello, Cali03.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

The best way to watch an iTunes Movie Rental via an Apple TV would be to look in the top shelf of the main menu for this movie. At this time, you can’t stream a rented movie from your computer to your Apple TV using AirPlay because it’s DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected content.

FAQs about renting movies from the iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1657

Cheers,

Jason H.

Homesharing: I rented a film on my computer via iTunes. I now want to play it on Apple TV. Home sharing is "on". Went to "rentals" and it says: "no rentals at this time". What am I doing wrong or how do you now play it on my appleTV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.