Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP - iPad and Music Question

Hi one question, I just tapped on a song in my playlist on my ipad that I want to listen to but right away as it was going to play that song disappeared and all the other songs disappeared also!! How do I get them back on my ipad? How do I fix that?

Thanks

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1.2, iPad using my Music

Posted on Aug 31, 2014 6:38 PM

5 replies

Sep 1, 2014 12:34 AM in response to Sparychess

The music was synced/downloaded to your iPad, it wasn't being streaming from the cloud ?

You could try closing the Music app via the iPad's multitasking bar and see if your music shows in it when you re-open the app : double-click the home button to open the taskbar, and then swipe or drag the Camera app's screen from there up and off the top of the screen to close it, and click the home button to close the taskbar.

If that doesn't fix it then you could try a soft-reset : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

HELP - iPad and Music Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.