Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable iPhone 5s full battery notification?

After about a month, my new iPhone 5s has started waking me up at night with an audible tone and vibrating. This seems to happen when the battery reaches 100% charge. Since iOS 7 apparently doesn't have a full battery alarm I stumped about how to disable this. I've thought about using the "Do no disturb" mode but I sometimes use my phone as my alarm and don't want DND to also silence the alarm. Is there some feature I don't know about that I could turn off to stop these nightly disturbances? (It hasn't always done this but just started about a week ago!)

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 31, 2014 8:42 PM

73 replies

Dec 31, 2016 6:51 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Lawrence and Tim are indeed extremely knowledgeable, I understand this (raider face is a major jerk). And happy new year too. However the evidence is not contrary. In fact Lawrence's last response indicates an epistemological argument rather than the misunderstanding I've accused him of. Seriously I can sit there and see it at nearly 100% but never actually know when it actually gets to 100%. Even if I did see it at 99% 3 seconds prior I still would not know for certain -- that's why the question seems so preposterous to me. I am certain this happens at 100% and not before -- because it doesn't happen before and is really REALLY annoying after, and wakes up my neighbor. I am certain it is an issue with the power supply and it seems Lawarnce's hypothesis and elaboration makes perfect sense. It's just wild to me that the statement "it is not because it's reaching 100% power" is being uttered when it actually is the case -- but because of the power supply and not iOS.

Jan 1, 2017 8:21 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

To clarify, the Anker brand cables are great, they are more rugged and can be stuffed is a backpack and last years. The Anker power supply in question is from 2010 and purchased for an iPhone 4, worked great for years and only started this on an iPhone 6. I am not certain has the amperage required for an iPhone. I'm not certain it's not got corrosion inside it. Lots of uncertainties. I do know the newer Anker power supplies I have at my business power the point of sale iPad and an iPhone simultaneously without a problem.

Jan 1, 2017 9:53 AM in response to Ahab the Eskimo

Ahab the Eskimo wrote:

The Anker power supply in question is from 2010

TThat explains everything. I think it was around 2012 that a requirement for a compatibility signal was added to the USB spec for power sources. Your Anker is lacking this signal. Get a new power source. Anker makes excellent products, but even they become obsolete.

Jan 16, 2017 12:51 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

My wife's 6 had this same problem. So annoying! But, only happened when she was charging via/connected to a USB battery and THAT battery was plugged into the outlet charging itself. When the battery of the battery (!) became fully charged, wife's phone would vibrate endlessly.

Never a problem when using Apple chargers and cables directly from wall power, so definitely an 'external charging hardware' issue. Hope this helps anyone experiencing this issue.

Aug 31, 2014 8:47 PM in response to pacoverde

There is no audible tone and vibration to indicate a full battery. There is no setting for that at all. There is something else that is sending a notification, it is not the battery. You will need to check to see what else you have set to send you notifications, especially mail, or if you can match the tone to something else set in Sounds.

Sep 15, 2014 4:58 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Your were correct, ChrisJ4203: the iPhone 5S does not have a full battery tone or vibration and I have not installed one. I finally narrowed it down to reminders for Calendar events on my synchronized Google Calendar. (When the reminder pops up the screen turns on and displays the fully charged battery image, which is what fooled me into thinking it was a full battery notification.)

I got the vibration to stop fairly easily, however even after removing everything from the Notification Center, except for Amber Alerts and Emergency Alerts, I still get an occasional "bloop" during the night that switches on the display (which is very bright in a dark bedroom!)

After setting different sound for each different type of Calendar event, none of them match the noise it makes. Last night I was about to smash it against the wall when it produced a frenzy of little bloops about an hour after I removed everything listed in the Notification Center. I'm tempted to wrap it in a sock in a drawer to charge at night or else put it in a different room!

Sep 15, 2014 7:15 PM in response to pacoverde

With the amount of different things that can produce alerts, anything could be causing this. You need to check your apps and anything that could produce some type of alert and you should be able to discover the culprit. Mail, calendar, texts, weather alerts, etc. If the screen is lighting up, what happens if you look in Notification Center? Is there anything at all listed there?

Dec 7, 2014 10:27 AM in response to pacoverde

My iphone 4s starting doing the exact same thing several days ago. I do not have any new apps and have not changed notifications. It only does it when the battery reaches 100% while being charged and at no other time. This usually happens at night and wakes the family. A horrible bug that someone at Apple needs to fix pronto.

Dec 7, 2014 10:34 AM in response to vibeway

vibeway wrote:

My iphone 4s starting doing the exact same thing several days ago. I do not have any new apps and have not changed notifications. It only does it when the battery reaches 100% while being charged and at no other time. This usually happens at night and wakes the family. A horrible bug that someone at Apple needs to fix pronto.

As noted above, this is not a feature of the iPhone. Something else is causing it to happen. It may take a bit of work on your part to figure out what, though.

It wakes the whole family? Perhaps you should put it in a room where the family doesn't sleep? Put it in a drawer?

How to disable iPhone 5s full battery notification?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.