Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I found a lost Ipad, how do I find the owner?

AS the title states 🙂

Posted on Sep 1, 2014 6:05 AM

6 replies

Jan 13, 2015 8:30 AM in response to ChrisTheOne

I keep seeing this answer "Turn it into the police" Now if I was still living in Canada or the USA I would agree and do it immediately. Unfortunately where I live the police have a (to put it mildly) less then stellar reputation. (Please don't have me tell you any specific stories about the police around here, they really wouldn't be appropriate to the thread.)

What can one do if the "local law enforcement agency" really aren't an acceptable answer? I would love it if I could report it to Apple, and at least have them send an email to the owner saying "A good samaritan found your iPad and would like to return it to you. Please reply in this [Apple recorded and privacy protected web based thread] to get in touch. Here are some suggestions for your privacy and safety....."

Besides, the owner is probably not even in this country anymore, so they would likely really doubt their chances of ever getting it back... I'd like to make them believe in humanity.

Jan 13, 2015 12:40 PM in response to ChrisTheOne

I'm in Mexico, in the same state where the local police and politicians recently helped the federal police 'lose' 43 protesting students via the drug cartels.... And that is not the worst I've heard.

I'm working on behalf of the property where it was found. The owners of the establishment want to know what to do with the thing now... They don't have cameras that might have caught the owners of the iPad, and the owners of the iPad haven't contacted them.
Oh well though, I guess this thing will be going to parts harvesters... Would have been nice to be nice.

I found a lost Ipad, how do I find the owner?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.