Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto Book Order won't go through, can't get an answer

I have been all over Apple online help, FAQs, and online discussions on this topic and have not been able to get my book to print. The problem: when in iPhoto, I hit the Buy Book button, the white envelope appears. I enter the number of copies I want and zip code, then hit Check Out and NOTHING happens.

I am using iPhoto 9.5.1. I have successfully ordered books in the past. My Apple ID is up-to-date with Express Ordering checked, and all the correct address, phone, and credit card information. In System Preference, I have checked "Remote Apple Events" in File Sharing, I have previewed the book and printed a PDF. There are no text or image issues. But I still cannot buy my book. I checked into printing through PrestoPhoto, but have no way to ensure that the PDF document I printed from iPhoto is high quality, high-resolution.

None of the discussion or help information has resolved this problem. I have no idea where to go next, or how to even properly submit this query so I get a response. Why isn't there a community for iPhoto?

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me print my books through Apple!

iPhoto '11

Posted on Sep 1, 2014 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2014 7:00 AM

There are numerous posts on the forum with the same issue. It seems it is an issue at Apple's end, but I have not seen any Info from Apple.

19 replies

Sep 1, 2014 7:34 AM in response to elizabethfromfrederick

elizabeth............

Re: All over Apple

Have you actually communicated with Apple Support | Contact ??

Have you been able to complete the process in the past or is this a NEW misbehavior with v.9.5.1 OR were you using an earlier versions of iPhoto? If older version joy, what version?

Is this with ALL books? (remember, you can always bail put when you get past the step that is stopping you)

What about AppleCare ?? If your product is recent, should be a breeze to get support, as it appears to be an Apple-end issue?

The important Qs are what was the event that changed your book printing life? Upgrade / Update. Other new software? None of that = Apple end issue?

best luck

CCC

Sep 1, 2014 9:15 AM in response to apfelnacht

Hi,

Same problem here in The Netherlands. Tried all the tricks:

- Preview PDF, reinstall iPhoto, restart, safe reboot, tested another photo book, etc. And this is not my 1st book...

No result. At this moment 'System Status as of 6:07 PM CEST' all OK/green. Let's wait a while see what Apple can do here...

MBA 2011 w/OS X 10.9.4, iPhoto 9.5.1 (902.17) etc.

We'll see!

Sep 1, 2014 9:29 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

I have not talked to a human being at Apple Support. I've made several books in the past, in various versions, never a problem. I tried printing an old book that printed previously. No luck. I usually install all the updates, so not sure what the change could have triggered this, but it seems from the other responses, that this is not MY problem, it is an Apple problem that many others are enjoying too.

Thanks for your response.

Sep 1, 2014 9:29 AM in response to elizabethfromfrederick

I have the same issue and have had it for days. Apple Care is not open today because of the holiday but I did speak to someone in Sales who is having the same issue, yet they are not aware that the print service is down. They told me to call Apple Care tomorrow at 800/275-2273. I did all the same things you did and I have ordered many products in the past without an issue. It would have been nice for Apple to post something about why the service is down. I'm just glad I'm not in a hurry on this order.

Sep 1, 2014 5:56 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

Thanks CCC.

Yes, I should have mentioned that I submitted a note to Apple through Product Feedback (haven't heard anything yet) and the Genius Bar is about an hour away. I considered that, but I'd have to haul my iMAC along to share the problem with them. Other photo book web sites are looking more and more appealing. PrestoPhoto, Blurb, York Photo, Shutterfly....

Sep 2, 2014 8:49 AM in response to elizabethfromfrederick

elizabeth............

I think it prudent to wait for joannefromgeneva to report back with her human contact results from the fone call to Apple today before further action.

An hour's drive seems excessive to merely prove what we suspect - that it is a known issue that has yet to be acknowledged publicly much less fix provided. If the Genius Bar was across the street, you would just need to go in and have them DEMO the "Feature" to get the failure.

Remember stedman1 and apfelnacht told you (and I have confirmed) that this issue is widely discussed in these forums and probably others.

One thing you might try in meantime is an older - joyful - version of the app. It would at least be proof that it is Apple server-side issue if no joy with it.

hang in there. This is not the first product that had a hiccup when released.

CCC

Sep 2, 2014 10:37 AM in response to elizabethfromfrederick

Hello Again,

Well, before I had to call Applecare, I tried one more time last night and voila! It worked and I was able to order my calendar without a problem. I will give them a call after I get home from work tonight to see if they will tell me what was wrong. Another suggestion I have is that they need more flexibility in creating the books and other products such as being able to move the photos around on a page and changing up the backgrounds a bit more. The selection seems limited to me. I'm glad I found this discussion board too.

iPhoto Book Order won't go through, can't get an answer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.