Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I change album art?

Here's the issue.

I have 3423 songs that are in my library, all of which have messed up cover art. At one point I must have applied the same Jay-Z Blueprint cover art to all of my files on accident so now every song has the same Jay-Z cover.

I've made a smart playlist with the rule "Album Art = True."

I then went through all 3423 songs, deleting the cover art from the Artwork tab. I used a script/macro app so I didn't have to do this manually.

After running this script/macro, the smart playlist is empty, as expected.

After these changes, I left my iTunes open for another day to let the changes sync to the cloud.

I come back the next day and find that the same 3423 songs are back in the playlist, artwork still there.

I did this one more time. Next day, same results. The cloud seems to ignore my changes and keeps the art no matter what I do.

I read of a few elaborate workarounds that have you delete songs from your library and then re-add them but that's not an option for me. I have a great deal of playlists created that use many of these songs and as soon as I delete these songs from my library, those playlists are going to get messed up.

Please, Apple support, can you offer some assistance?

Windows 8

Posted on Sep 1, 2014 7:33 AM

5 replies

Sep 1, 2014 11:30 PM in response to tropez

Hi,

Do as you have done before but turn off match once completed. Close iTunes.

Create a new iTunes library. iTunes: How to open an alternate iTunes Library file or create a new one

Turn on iTunes Match, select add this computer. This will show all your music in the cloud. If artwork is shown, delete as before. Close iTunes and reopen original library. Turn on match.

Jim

Why can't I change album art?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.