Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 stuck on Apple Logo

Hi guys, first of all let me say that I have read a lot of threads about similar problems and the reccomended solutions didn't work for me.

I have an iPhone 5 which stucks at white background - black apple logo.

I put it in DFU mode, connected to my iMac with latest iTunes version, and tried to download last fw and restore, but the following happens:

• iTunes is extracting the software
  • Preparing iPhone for the update
  • Waiting for iphone
  • The iPhone restarts but stucks again in apple logo.
  • iTunes throw 4005 error.

If I try to re-enter DFU mode while iTunes is waiting for the iPhone, error 4013 or 4014 is thrown.

I tried with normal DFU (home + start buttons sequence), and with fast DFU (home button while plug), but nothing.

Also tried ipsw files other than the itunes downloads (7.0.2, 7.1.2), but ths same thing happens, after preparing the iphone, it restarts and stucks on apple logo.

Any advices? Thanks!

Posted on Sep 1, 2014 8:40 AM

13 replies

Nov 4, 2018 1:08 AM in response to RonyApples

I have an iphone 5S and the same exact thing happened to me when i ordered a new screen off of amazon...the screen that i got didn't come with the camera assembly, so i had to use the camera off of the cracked screen....i guess in transition the camera was damaged...i took the old camera off, and it let me restore right away...

hope it worked!

Nov 4, 2018 1:08 AM in response to Somerset Bob

my phone did this, turned out it was a hardware error...but for you i would try to put it in recovery mode and recover it using itunes....

hold the lock and home button until the phone powers off, when the phone powers back on, let go of the lock button and continue to hold the home button until it enters recovery mode (itunes symbol with charger symbol)....follow the instructions in itunes to restore your phone, you will lose your info, but hopefully you have a backup saved through icloud or your itunes...

Nov 5, 2014 11:31 AM in response to RonyApples

Hi.

Bob in the UK here.

About an hour ago I replied to a text on my barely two-month-old iPhone 5S, and when I took it out of my trouser pocket a few minutes later and pressed the home button to wake it up again, the phone was completely dead. The battery was at around 70% when I last looked at it.

I plugged it into the charger and after about five minutes the white Apple logo appeared on a black background. But that's all it'll do - the logo stays there no matter what buttons I press. I can't power it down or turn off the screen or anything.

I plugged it into my PC with iTunes loaded, and iTunes recognises the phone and displays its name and contents.

Before I do anything too drastic, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should proceed? It's running iOS 8.1.

Thanks in advance.

Bob K

Nov 4, 2018 1:08 AM in response to Somerset Bob

Good deal. I didn't know if it would based on what was wrong with the phone, but I knew that If that was it, it would go back to normal before asking you to restore.. Glad you are back to normal!

iPhone 5 stuck on Apple Logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.