Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot recovery, have ID and device, but outside of country

I forgot my recovery password but have my Apple ID and trusted iphone device. I cannot receive SMS because I am out of my home country currently and have another number. Is there another option until I return?

EDIT: During the two-step login process, if I click to send an sms to my phone number (the one from my home country), I am prompted to enter the 4 digits code. I can click an option saying that I didn't receive it and it states that it's possible to use it with find my device. I can't figure out how to do that, if possible.

Message was edited by: afsimola

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 1, 2014 11:03 AM

4 replies

Sep 1, 2014 11:54 AM in response to Apple-1984-

I have an US sim and Brazil sim card. I cannot receive SMS through my USA sim while in Brazil, I've already tried roaming.

Additional info: Currently, I only need to perform two-step activation when I am trying to log in to manage my Apple ID account. I can log in just fine into these forums, into iTunes and my iPhone.

Here Apple clearly states that you can receive verification codes with Find my iPhone. I followed their link and have Find my iPhone turned on all of my devices. But there is no info stating how to actually send a verification code to your phone through Find my iPhone.

Again, when I am prompted to begin the two-step process, to "Verify my Identity" I have the option to send verification code to my phone number ending in -97. This is my US sim that I can't use. Or I can click "Unable to receive message..." to be prompted for the Recovery Code, which I don't have on hand. So I click to send to my -97 number and then am prompted to enter the 4 digit code, which I obviously won't receive, so I click "Didn't receive code?" and am given this message:

"I didn't receive my verification code.

SMS messages may be delayed depending on your cellular operator's coverage and other service interruptions.

If you continue having trouble receiving a code via SMS, you can try sending a code to one of your Find My iPhone-enabled devices."

So my ultimate question is, how can I send a code to one of my Find My iPhone enabled devices, either my iPhone or MacBook Pro?

Forgot recovery, have ID and device, but outside of country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.