Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

siri doesn't recognize phone numbers of my contacts

siri doesn't recognize phone numbers of my contacts.

She say "Uh, oh I don't have a phone number for (Contact Name).

Anyone help me, please...

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 1, 2014 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2017 9:05 PM

I had the same problem. I RESOLVED it by checking my contacts. It looked as if I had some duplicate contacts, some of which had contact numbers and others that didn't. Looks like it may have been contacts created from apps like WhatsApp which don't copy the phone numbers across. By deleting the duplicate contact without numbers it worked.

32 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2017 9:05 PM in response to maximoos80

I had the same problem. I RESOLVED it by checking my contacts. It looked as if I had some duplicate contacts, some of which had contact numbers and others that didn't. Looks like it may have been contacts created from apps like WhatsApp which don't copy the phone numbers across. By deleting the duplicate contact without numbers it worked.

Sep 3, 2014 10:32 AM in response to maximoos80

I believe I too am having the same issue. I'm not sure when it started, but I don't think I have changed anything obvious. It used to work without any problems.

When i say "Call my wife" it correctly identifies who my wife is and her contact card, but then says, 'I don't have a phone number for x.' However, I can then say call 'x' and it will dial her phone number. If I look at the contact, it clearly shows the phone number and the relationship fields being set up correctly. I've also tried deleting the relationship fields in both my and her contact card. Then I tell Siri who my wife is... once again, it leads to the same issue.

The only other thing that I can think of, which might be relevant, is that I use google apps for my domain and store my contacts through them. I wonder if it has something to do with how google tries to offer an 'Other Contacts' directory...

M

Sep 3, 2014 5:06 PM in response to maximoos80

Same issue. Siri finds my wife but can't find an attached number. I have no other contacts remotely similar to my wife's name so mismatched references can't be the problem. If I mention my wife's name itself, siri can call her. The problem first began about one week ago. No setting changes or contact changes were made around the time the issue began.

siri doesn't recognize phone numbers of my contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.